• Current Donation Goals

Wow, what a half! The academy boys absolutely rocking it!

When I saw the formation I was concerned, but Frank has nullified Wolves and we have, to be honest, dominated this game. Still a half to go so not going to get ahead of myself, but so far so good.

Super Tammy doing it again!

Told everyone before pre-season even started. This is the formation to go with. Today we have looked composed and controlled all the half, rather than running around like the keystone cops at the back, and we can still get goals. Lets see if we come out awake rather than in a coma like we normally do in the second half. 

Edited by King Kante

chelboy   

Don’t know where that came from ,it was looking like a sluggish post Int break type of game. Very clinical from the boys. Looking far more solid all round. Defending in a 541 without the ball at times. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I doubt it - SFL hasn't shown too much concern about oppo set up to date.  This would have been perfect for Man U.

I disagree. Clear as day for me Frank has changed it up to match their two strikers with 3 CBs. Makes sense considering how shaky we've been at the back. 

Strange game. 3 shots on target for the first 45, all in the back of the net. The high press is gone and we play a medium block defending in numbers when we don't have the ball. More patient build-up. It's a completely different side. That is a big plus for me, if Frank has the ability to change it up depending on the opposition we will be so much better for it. 

Tomori has been great, clear that the Wolves defense weren't expecting his runs. Abraham, well there's been a lot of critical voices regarding him. Remember a discussion I had with Paul66 in reference to Harry Kane. Abraham is the bigger talent imo and he's starting to show it. 6 PL goals so far. No one can deny how well he's started. Clearly our first choice striker by a country mile right now and I don't think we should go out and by a big name. Perhaps someone to back Abraham up, but not someone that should be ahead of him. This lad is the real deal. Ben excellent for the first 45. So has Tomori and Jorginho. 

Alonso has been robust and Willian is getting into the game more and more the longer the game went on.  Hopefully we manage to keep a clean-sheet and perhaps notch up another goal or two in the second half.