• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Valencia 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Group H match against Valencia at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Tuesday, 17th September, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Kepa 

Zouma    Christensen    Tomori

Dave       Jorgi         Kova         Alonso

Willian        Tammy       Pulisic

Subs: Willy, Rudi, Emerson, Barkley, Pedro, Bats, Giroud

Bison   

Just read Valencia were hammered 5-2 by Barcelona yesterday who were a) missing Messi through injury and b) had a 16 year old leading the attack.

21 minutes ago, Bison said:

Just read Valencia were hammered 5-2 by Barcelona yesterday who were a) missing Messi through injury and b) had a 16 year old leading the attack.

Valencia are beatable. I said when we got the group it was one we should get out of, as Valencia are not that great, Ajax have lost two key players and Lillie are decent but not much more. In my opinion we should finish 1st/2nd in the group. However, whether that is better than 3rd and going for the Ropey is another question. At least the travel is not an issue. 

chelboy   

Azpi Chris Zouma Alonso

Kante Kova Mount 

Pedro Tammy Pulisic

We should use Pulisic more in the CL for now and Willian in the PL. Give Pulisic some time to adapt to the league. Jorginho could also do with a rest after Int break. 

With the Liverpool game at the weekend, some tricky decisions to be made. I would expect Rudiger to be rested and possibly one of Kovacic and Jorginho. But it's also not an easy match, so don't want to risk too much. I would expect the following:

Kepa

Azpi Tomori Christensen Alonso

Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Mount Pulisic

Tammy

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Emerson, Kovacic, Willian, Giroud, Batshuayi

I think we should have enough to win this one, but won't be easy. Going 2-1.

Leo91   

They're a good side on their day. Not expecting this to be easy. Rodrigo is pacey and can get in behind us. Parejo is one of the best ball playing CM's in the world. Will be a test. Just glad to finally be able to watch a game since Leicester.

1 hour ago, samhoward17 said:

Rudiger and Emerson out through injury. James, CHO and Kante all fit but not match fit. 

I would expect Pulisic, Pedro, Barkley and Giroud or Bats all to come in. 

Or do you give Tammy another go and a chance to maintain form? This is where it gets tricky. I'd play him tomorrow and vs Liverpool and then give him the night off for the LC.