• Current Donation Goals

Bison   

A lot of our good players are either injured or dropping like flies but the bad ones are 100% fit and healthy for every game.

JaneB   

Sort out who takes the penalties Frank, or better still come on and take them yourself.  Those were the days.

Disappointed but not heartbroken. I think we really should be concentrating on the league this season.  That's enough. 

In good company losing tonight too 💔

5 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Crystal clear penalty. Goalbound header and the defender holds his hand out in an unnatural position. Could only be one outcome really. 

But boy has Ross Barkley made a fool of himself. Ridiculous to insist taking it. It was bleeding obvious he’d miss it.

As for the 343. We don’t create nearly enough playing this formation. Don’t like it at all. The goal we conceded was from a free kick and poor marking. Had nothing to with us moving away from a 3atb. Also clear how important Mount is for the energy of the team. Pedro and Willian is too much huff and puff and not enough end product. 

Hopefully we’ll go back to the 433 at home to Liverpool with Rudiger, Kante, Emerson and Mount all ready to play. Hoping to see;

Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Pulisic, Abraham, Mount 

Think you might be somewhat optimistic about Mount I'm afraid. If he's fit that will be great and I like the look of your lineup.

Bison   

Good point there  -  where was the captain to tell Barkley to pipe down and let the chosen players take the penalty.

Azpi is going to come out on Twitter and pretend to be a captain with fighting words but where was his leadership tonight?

• Like 1

Disappointing performance. 6 out of 10 performance from the team. Got to say we didn't deserve the win and then the draw... well, maybe that would have been deserved as Valencia were crap as well.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

Just now, Bison said:

Good point there  -  where was the captain to tell Barkley to pipe down and let the chosen players take the penalty.

Azpi is going to come out on Twitter and pretend to be a captain with fighting words but where was his leadership tonight?

Who takes the penalty can sometimes be based on whoever is the most confident. 

I didn't see any huge argument to suggest that Barkley forced anyone out of the way.

Obviously its tough for the guy to miss the penalty, but we were crap most of the game and that had very little to do with Barkley. 

bONes   
2 minutes ago, Bison said:

I think Jorginho was being a gentleman and let Barkley take it, he said some encouraging words to him.

so in this case neither Azpi or Lamps could really do anything.

Doesn't Barkley have form for pinching spot kicks off Jorginho?  Or have I misremembered.

Not enough top class players to be a top class team.
In a sense the 2016/17 PL win was based on being just a little better than the opponent in every game, but having enough in reserve and being solid enough to turn a small advantage into 3 points consistently.  This season we might be a little bit better than the opponent in many games, but the points will get split pretty randomly.

Playing within ourselves, with no silly press, did help us look better.  But we will be conceding all season.

First home defeat in CL in yonks apparently, no win at home at all so far this season.

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Barkley lol he is absolutely shameless. He should never be allowed to play for this club.

That was quite clear last season.

29 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Ohhh ffs. As good as Willian has been he can be so frustrating. Again simple pass to Pedro and he is through. 

Actually I thought he had no chance of making that pass given the speed he was running and how quickly the ball was given back to him.  Tammy could have made that pass though.

chelboy   

Barkley took both pens in pre season while Jorginho was on the pitch. Jorginho took one against Liverpool when both were on the pitch. Seems odd to be honest. 

bONes   
1 minute ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Who takes the penalty can sometimes be based on whoever is the most confident. 

I didn't see any huge argument to suggest that Barkley forced anyone out of the way.

Obviously its tough for the guy to miss the penalty, but we were crap most of the game and that had very little to do with Barkley. 

Valencia were even more crap and scored a crappy goal.

we should have scored that penalty.