• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Good point there  -  where was the captain to tell Barkley to pipe down and let the chosen players take the penalty.

Azpi is going to come out on Twitter and pretend to be a captain with fighting words but where was his leadership tonight?

Yes indeed. 

What a conundrum for Frank. Very hard to drop your captain. Even harder to take away the job from him altogether.

2 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I didn't see any huge argument to suggest that Barkley forced anyone out of the way.

neither willian or Jorginho looked happy with his decision.

I’d imagine Barkley is fearing for his Chelsea and England career with the emergence of Mount and RLC to come back. Perhaps he was trying to make a statement. 

I guess he did just that. 

• Like 1

chelboy   

So Lamps just confirmed Ross is 1st pen taker. That was silly  from Jorginho and Willian then. If the manager has an order you follow it. They should not try and take it off him. Very silly. Whether he misses or scores Lamps should have a word with Jorg and Willian. 

1 minute ago, chelboy said:

So Lamps just confirmed Ross is 1st pen taker. That was silly  from Jorginho and Willian then. If the manager has an order you follow it. They should not try and take it off him. Very silly. Whether he misses or scores Lamps should have a word with Jorg and Willian. 

Precisely what I would say if I were Lamps.
But let him not try that one again - if he gets another chance in a Chelsea shirt.

Come back Kante quick.

4 minutes ago, chelboy said:

So Barkley (not taken a penalty in 3.5 years) is now ahead of Jorginho (already scored a pen this season)? 

Like Solksjaer I’m not sure Franks being completely honest. 

Rob B   

I thought Frank looked very agitated in his post-match interview. A few fake smiles and was a bit short at one point with the interviewer. 

My inference is that he’s absolutely bloody fuming - and rightly so. 

We were poor tonight and that shouldn’t go amiss, but if you get a penalty 5 mins before the end, you don’t let a player grab the ball and play hero’s.  Azpi or even Frank should have pulled rank.

chelboy   
4 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

So Barkley (not taken a penalty in 3.5 years) is now ahead of Jorginho (already scored a pen this season)? 

Like Solksjaer I’m not sure Franks being completely honest. 

He was taking them in pre season while Jorginho was on the pitch. It seems odd but I don’t think we are clear in that department. I don’t think Frank is lying. 

Arkie   
2 minutes ago, chelboy said:

He was taking them in pre season while Jorginho was on the pitch. It seems odd but I don’t think we are clear in that department. I don’t think Frank is lying. 

Almost certainly Frank is lying.

Why would Barkley be number 1 penalty take when he doesn’t play more than 10 minutes a game?

In other news, Frank is also guilty of playing just out of injury Pedro over Pulisic. As well as going 442 all of a sudden.

I think it clear that Frank struggles with the subs.

Leo91   

Whats happened to Pulisic ? He had a great game vs Liverpool. One par performance vs Leicester and he's out of the team ?  Little angry because Valencia aren't great. They scored from a set-piece with good movement, that's it. We should have converted at least one of our chances tonight. Frustrated. 

Edited by Leo91