• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

I agree with SFL:

The boss revealed there was no issue with Barkley having the late penalty as he is the spot-kick taker when on the field.

‘Ross is the penalty taker. He’s scored a couple in pre-season and he’s been the taker whenever he’s started or come on in games. I don’t know what the conversation was but Willian and Jorginho were the penalty takers from the start and Ross was once he came on.’

If you believe that, then I expect you still put a mince pie out on Xmas eve. 

asvaberg   
32 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Oh, you know - up here in Norway we always take care of our trolls, our small goblins and in general being very nice to mother nature :)

4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Terrible performance against a very bad side. Should have played 4231 and really gone at them. They were rubbish yet we created next to nothing.

The only positive is Tomori, he looks very good and is unbelievably quick. I think he and Rudiger could become a formidable partnership. 

They are not a rubbish side. They are a decent one in a state of shock. Should we be losing to them at home probably not but it is not a disaster. 

As for last night, we did create chances but just not as many as in the last few. The chance for Tammy in the first ten minutes required a smart save, Willian should have scored the one floated over by Kova, Willian should have slipped in Pedro at the start of the second, we had a penalty and Christensen should have done more with his header. Those chances should have resulted in at least one goal. 

The goal conceeded came straight after we switch to 442 which I really do not see why SFL did that as our defence had looked good. Also, again, Kepa is not covering himself in glory with his attempt to save it. 

Edited by King Kante

paulw66   
28 minutes ago, King Kante said:

They are not a rubbish side. They are a decent one in a state of shock. Should we be losing to them at home probably not but it is not a disaster. 

As for last night, we did create chances but just not as many as in the last few. The chance for Tammy in the first ten minutes required a smart save, Willian should have scored the one floated over by Kova, Willian should have slipped in Pedro at the start of the second, we had a penalty and Christensen should have done more with his header. Those chances should have resulted in at least one goal. 

The goal conceeded came straight after we switch to 442 which I really do not see why SFL did that as our defence had looked good. Also, again, Kepa is not covering himself in glory with his attempt to save it. 

Free shot from 4 yards........ the way he hit it into the ground, deliberately or otherwise, made it virtually impossible to save IMO 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Well I still believe in Father Christmas 🎅🏼

4 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Our performance turned when Mount came off. For such a young player he seems to be the talisman for the team. Without him our attacking became diffuse and clueless.

Yes, Mason was proving to be real handful for them. I think we should have replaced him with Pulisic. It would have been the closest like for like replacement we could have made I think.

18 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, Mason was proving to be real handful for them. I think we should have replaced him with Pulisic. It would have been the closest like for like replacement we could have made I think.

I thought that but I can see why Frank would have gone for the experience of Pedro and would also have expected a lot more from him on the night, he was very poor after coming on (rusty after a month of not playing maybe, but I still expected better).

I wanted and expected Pulisic to come on in the second half though, I feel like he could have helped open up some of the tight defending from Valencia.

Interesting to see who plays vs Liverpool now, if Mount is out (seems likely) then surely Pulisic takes his place and the on the opposite side it's a coin toss between Pedro and Willian and after last night I'd probably want neither, just so disappointed in them both, our most experienced players and they took no control of the match, Pedro barely involved and when he was just kept running in to problems or giving the ball away and Willian was trying is hardest to prove he is the teams new Hazard... except he isn't and was way too selfish last night.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

:)  I've a Venezuealan President for you and  1.7 million people in a Chinese park.

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

‘Ross is the penalty taker. He’s scored a couple in pre-season and he’s been the taker whenever he’s started or come on in games.

First time around (about 45 secs in) he says "Ross is a penalty talker, he has been when he has started games".
Frank is great on TV.  Mind you he has an uncle on "I'm a celebrity", a cousin weekly on TV, a famous TV wife and his agent was married to Kay Burley, an overly fierce Sky TV presenter.  He should be.  I can see why people who got turned off by Sarri love Frank as manager.

chelboy   

Pedro was not really rusty, he has been playing like that since the start of the season. Was poor against United and Leicester giving the ball away time after time. We became a better team once he dropped out of the first 11. If Pedro has no scoring opportunities in a game then he is pretty much useless. Barely helps in the build up and runs into trouble. He still tries to play like he is 25 yrs old. Was a good player in his days but now he is just declining quickly.  

One thing I hope Frank does learn is not to play Willian and Pedro together. Both can frustrate strikers with the lack of being able to find them in the final third. Also taking extra touches on the ball slows down opportunities. Saw it with previous  strikers too. The kind of strikers we have we need more of a direct approach to get the best out of them. 

• Like 2