• Current Donation Goals

Leo91   

I still took some positives from last night. We found a lot of space out wide, Jorgi and Kova spread the play well. Zouma and Tomori used their physicality well in covering. The fullbacks let us down in the final third and we overplayed a little with Willian and Pedro. If we stay with this formation but with Emerson and James as the widemen it'll improve a lot. 

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

They are not a rubbish side. They are a decent one in a state of shock. Should we be losing to them at home probably not but it is not a disaster. 

Never said they are rubbish but they really were last night. Should have smashed them.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

They are not a rubbish side. They are a decent one in a state of shock. Should we be losing to them at home probably not but it is not a disaster. 

As for last night, we did create chances but just not as many as in the last few. The chance for Tammy in the first ten minutes required a smart save, Willian should have scored the one floated over by Kova, Willian should have slipped in Pedro at the start of the second, we had a penalty and Christensen should have done more with his header. Those chances should have resulted in at least one goal. 

The goal conceeded came straight after we switch to 442 which I really do not see why SFL did that as our defence had looked good. Also, again, Kepa is not covering himself in glory with his attempt to save it. 

Agree with most of that. Regarding Keppa. I don't want to get too much on his back because that kind of rising ball of the deck could have caught many keepers out, but I'm waiting for a game when I can say "our keeper won us the points there". The kind of performances that a few years back De Gea was making on an almost weekly basis to United in the running. Keppa is a shot stopper (or he should be). He doesn't command his area and pluck crosses out of the air and off the heads of strikers. He is not 6'8" with massive hands. He is a relatively small nimble reflex keeper and that is or should be his strength. But he is not stopping enough shots, its as simple as that.

2 hours ago, chelboy said:

The kind of strikers we have we need more of a direct approach to get the best out of them. 

Very true. They are both good in the air and and giroud in particular brings others into play well . It works better when balls are released quickly to them and they have  space to work with. 

6 hours ago, Bison said:

I squirm whenever I see Barkley. Frank, Morris and co did not take long to realise he's crap and that an academy player (Mount) 6 years his junior is infinitely more talented and dependable.

I'm throwing a party the day he leaves the club and the forum is invited.

Feel the same. 

The truth is he is overrated. Hopefully Frank keeps him doing enough for Selection by Gareth and cash in on him next summer. 

England player in his prime. 30-40m written all over it. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Agree with most of that. Regarding Keppa. I don't want to get too much on his back because that kind of rising ball of the deck could have caught many keepers out, but I'm waiting for a game when I can say "our keeper won us the points there". The kind of performances that a few years back De Gea was making on an almost weekly basis to United in the running. Keppa is a shot stopper (or he should be). He doesn't command his area and pluck crosses out of the air and off the heads of strikers. He is not 6'8" with massive hands. He is a relatively small nimble reflex keeper and that is or should be his strength. But he is not stopping enough shots, its as simple as that.

We are, as a team, consistently conceding free shots from 6 yards. That is why he isn't saving much. 

chara   
3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Well I still believe in Father Christmas 🎅🏼

Hmm..now and again I get a bit suspicious of Father Christmas...Tinkerbell however I do KNOW is real!

Didn't see the game due to hospital apt and only got back in time for missed penalty ..followed the game on here at that stage so unable to make any comments but I'm a little concerned that James keeps being mentioned more and more. Not that I don't want to see what he can do but rather there seems to be a build up of expectation that is very unfair on the boy. Almost being mentioned with the same breath as Kante coming back...Don't want to see him ease into the side and hammered because he is human not a second coming of a world class  full back yet.Have high hopes for him but please let him progress without over bloated expectations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

chara   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We are, as a team, consistently conceding free shots from 6 yards. That is why he isn't saving much. 

Now now Paul..stop being accurate ...need a scapegoat.....as said before I save every goal from the couch and although there are certainly aspects of his game that can be criticised the specifics of the goals conceded are as often as not due to less than stellar defending..bearing in mind the "defence" is not settled at  this time so not surprising. PC he is not but then neither are most of the top keepers out there.

It may be a shock but all sides are actually trying to score.No one pointed fingers at the Wolves keeper for conceding five but OUR guy gets damned with faint praise at every turn.

No one seems to blame him for the "consequence" goals...those that result maybe 2/3 moves from lack of a clearance (defenders as well} or lack of movement..hard to pick up but those are the things I worry about and watch for rather than close in shots.

27 minutes ago, chara said:

Hmm..now and again I get a bit suspicious of Father Christmas...Tinkerbell however I do KNOW is real!

Didn't see the game due to hospital apt and only got back in time for missed penalty ..followed the game on here at that stage so unable to make any comments but I'm a little concerned that James keeps being mentioned more and more. Not that I don't want to see what he can do but rather there seems to be a build up of expectation that is very unfair on the boy. Almost being mentioned with the same breath as Kante coming back...Don't want to see him ease into the side and hammered because he is human not a second coming of a world class  full back yet.Have high hopes for him but please let him progress without over bloated expectations.

I actually thought Azpi played well last night

chara   
3 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

I actually thought Azpi played well last night

Didn't see the game but I think he will blow hot and cold this season....result of the years beginning to catch up....hope more hot than cold of course..been a great servant of the club and deserves support but it is a harsh game and the years always catch up.

Hope he is able to bow out gracefully over a season or two.