• Current Donation Goals

30 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I know what he meant and I thought it a little rich tbh. Let me know when Droy pays Lampard a genuine compliment or RLC for that matter (but don't hold your breath!) 

Nobody has held their breath for a run of performances by RLC that can be praised as long as I have.  Being better than Barkley doesn't cut it though.  Mount has had as many good games for Chelsea as RLC already.  Pretty sure I praised Lampard after the Liverpool game when we got it right for once against a strong team.

38 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nobody has held their breath for a run of performances by RLC that can be praised as long as I have.  Being better than Barkley doesn't cut it though.  Mount has had as many good games for Chelsea as RLC already.  Pretty sure I praised Lampard after the Liverpool game when we got it right for once against a strong team.

We all have players we don't rate or can't get our head round. You have had many over the seasons and so have I.  I'm not having a go at you for that, but it was a bit rich to start pointing the finger at others for doing just that. In my opinion ( and I think quite a few others) RLC played some pretty fine games last season and his injury highlighted how much we missed him. If you think being better than Barcley is his only saving grace , it rather highlights my point. Is Mount better than RLC? Probably, but then I think Mount is a better player than Jorghinho. But then I also think Jorghinho is a better player than Bakayoko . Not sure where this line of thought will get us though. 

As for Lampard  "getting it right for once" against the dippers. I would be gobsmacked if you paid him any kind of direct compliment after that game, or for that matter any other game that we've played well in, but happy to be proved wrong. However I'm fairly confident  that when CHO and RLC are back playing, nothing is going to impress you much about them either. 

You could definitely be right about something though.....a season agendas is heading our way! 

Advanced issues found

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He seemed very ready to make things happen.  I don't see the sulking, I just see him telling players what he had hoped would happen.
I'm not sure just what it is that turns people against Willian.  I suppose it is just the up and down nature of being an attacking AM, with Hazard getting so much credit.

Interesting that, that is how you read his reactions, I guess we'll never really know, but for some reason, it winds me up and becomes very tiresome. I probably wouldn't mind as much if he was smashing in the goals when getting the chances, but he isn't and hasn't for a while. I've always been a fan of Willian, but in the last 12/18 months, I have definitely noticed a drop off in his performances.

Advanced issues found

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

This is fair enough.  But the simple truth is that they were always quiet players even when we were winning two titles.  The 2014 leaders, JT, Costa, Ivanovic, Hazard and even the 2016 leaders, Luiz, Fabregas, Matic, have all moved or been moved on.  

Actually the real leader of this team now is Jorginho, but fans won't recognise that for some reason.

You're right, our vocal leaders have all moved on and maybe it's unfair to expect the same from Azpi and Willian, however, Azpi is our captain and I just expect more from him in that role, he seems like a great guy and I'm sure well respected in the dressing room, but when things are going bad or things are going wrong, he doesn't ever seem to be there - he doesn't step in to take the lead.

20 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Me too, Willian too.
I think certain players are going to be targeted this season in long honoured fashion.  Especially now that we lack the control to win the games we should do.  

You make a good point re control, last season under Sarri his system was all about control of the game particularly in midfield and of course people moaned that it was boring. Now that we have relaxed the rigid approach it will make us far more potent going forward but more venerable on the break. Perhaps that will improve if Kante comes back in.

58 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

You make a good point re control, last season under Sarri his system was all about control of the game particularly in midfield and of course people moaned that it was boring. Now that we have relaxed the rigid approach it will make us far more potent going forward but more venerable on the break. Perhaps that will improve if Kante comes back in.

Conte 16/17 even more so.  We never ever seemed to be much better than the oppo.  And despite the extra CB we didn't even defend very effectively.  One might have expected some very random results.  But the game was always under our control and the results invariably went our way.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Conte 16/17 even more so.  We never ever seemed to be much better than the oppo.  And despite the extra CB we didn't even defend very effectively.  One might have expected some very random results.  But the game was always under our control and the results invariably went our way.

Yes, same thing, at the time I thought the tactical reliance on Hazard in an attacking sense didn't help given his tendency to coast through some games. It meant we didn't hold the ball for any time further up the field putting more pressure on us defensively. Mind you shouldn't be forgotten we won the fa cup that season