• Current Donation Goals

Just now, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

I can barely bring myself to care anymore, VAR has ruined the sport for me. I turned the Spurs game off yesterday after that farce and I’m hardly paying attention to this now. 

They've effectively taken away one of life’s great joys, what’s the point if you can’t celebrate a ****ing goal?!

True.  But maybe one day we will be able to celebrate an opposition goal being ruled out.  It is killing the joy of sport.

• Like 1

I can barely bring myself to care anymore, VAR has ruined the sport for me. I turned the Spurs game off yesterday after that farce and I’m hardly paying attention to this now. 

They've effectively taken away one of life’s great joys, what’s the point if you can’t celebrate a ****ing goal?!

VAR was always a 'careful what you wish for' .. next it will be ad breaks during VAR and then the ref waits for the TV companies to signal when to restart.. 

kev61   

I agree,, it's over used and is ruining the game in it's current format-penalty decisions yes,if the ball crosses the line or not yes,but for offside, definitely not

GURJ SS   
23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Maybe it's because he looks like a stiff wind will blow him off the pitch. He's like a child playing man's football. 

I don't think it's that, and if it is then Lamps needs to also have a look at not letting Mount on the pitch - he gets pushed off the ball too.

Still, as always, it's nice to have Carragher explaining away every Liverpool offence and telling us why VAR was right. 

I hope they lose 1-0 on the last day to a VAR given offside goal and lose out on the league. 

• Like 1

Bison   

Would be nice if we had a 60m calibre player on the bench to turn things aro...wait, what? We do? Pulisic? Nevermind.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The offside law was introduced to stop players goal hanging not to outlaw goals scored twenty passes after someone's left toe was "offside". 

True. It’s ridiculous. Ridiculous use of VAR. 

5 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Completely agree. I’m on the edge whether I’m going to put up with this ****. 

GURJ SS   

Offside with VAR can only be 100% accurate if there's clear daylight between two players, it would be a far better system to use under VAR. Also at the moment the size of a player's boot could make them offside, however where is the technology to judge the exact millisecond the ball is played forward? Without that it's just too inconsistent.

6 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

VAR was always a 'careful what you wish for' .. next it will be ad breaks during VAR and then the ref waits for the TV companies to signal when to restart.. 

This has long been my fear, that VAR checks would eventually lead to in match advertising.