• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   
3 hours ago, chara said:

Don't let it bother you Jane...he was speaking as a Manure supporter not a pundit.

No real fan actually likes another team..I like to watch Citeh at the minute..like to watch not like.

Some clubs we feel less anti than others..I always had a soft spot for Burnley but now they are very much on my "want to lose list"

Last team I almost liked was the Leicester Title side...but that was more of a "Roy of The Rovers" moment!

So let it just go away....you wouldn't expect a good word from an Arse Spuds etc fan would you?

Wise words as always Chara but it still p***** me off.  He should have elaborated on what he actually meant.  But I guess we can all be hypocrites when it comes to other teams.

Agree with you about Leicester but that was more to do with Claudio, and Spurs not winning the title.

I have a soft spot for Brighton, my local team, but that's about it. I hate Spurs and Liverpool with a passion but have to admit that the latter are a very good side atm.  It's all the hype that follows them around I can't stand.  And Spurs definitely need to win something more than we do this season.  

Ham   
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Only just getting back here after being at the game yesterday but here were my take aways. 

1) Set piece defending is now becoming beyound a joke. The first one fair enough but the second was ridiculous. People will point figures at the defenders and rightly so as they do not attack the ball properly. However, I am of the opinion that Kepa needs to start coming for balls like this and the one against Leicester. In my opinion when balls are put in and around the six yard area it is the GK's responsibility to either come and collect and/or punch the ball. Staying at home on the line doesn't help as unless the header is right down his throat he is not going to save it as it is too close. Also, if he goes and collides 9 times out of 10 he will get the free kick. For me, he seriously needs to start coming off his line as it makes us very easy to score against. 

2) Tomori is looking great. If he keeps putting in performances like yesterday he will soon be the automatic partner to Rudi. 

3) For all the criterism he gets, Alonso put in a shift for us yesterday and really should have got an assist or two if it were not for the missing of decent chances by Mount and Bats. 

4) Kova is starting to make it look like Jorgi could be dropped once everyone is fit. In my opinion once CHO is fit, Mount will end up in the No.8 position and Kante has No.6 nailed. That will then leave a difficult decision for SFL as Kova has been very good at times. 

5) It was annoying Giroud was not on the bench as in my opinion he scores the header Bats misses. Is he injured or was he dropped?

6) Tammy should have contributed to at least one goal yesterday. For me, he has to play in Mount for the one on one and with the two that flash across goal he has to be stronger against the Liverpool CB and ensure he gets a proper touch on the ball. I do not want to be too harsh on him but he needs to learn how to take his half chances in matches like these as otherwise we will still need to go out and buy a CF1. 

2) On Tomori, he's an absolute revelation. Love him. 

3) Alonso really was excellent. To say otherwise is nonsense. 

4) I've been saying it for a long time.  There really is a beast of a player there in Kovacic.  There's something about his gait going forward that is Hazardesque. He looks a much better player without Hazard in the side. 

On Jorginho, and whilst I started to warm to him in the second half of last season, I've been far from impressed this season. I can genuinely see Frank letting him go for the right offer if he continues the way he is. Just not cut out for the CM role in the PL. 

Jasonb   

Jorginho is a square peg in a round hole yet currently better than what else is on the bench by some margin.

My criticism of him yesterday was for their first goal, he does the right thing running out to close down Trent-Alexander yet then ducks!

Blue Rod   
9 hours ago, chelboy said:

There is no agenda against Willian. What frustrates me about Willian is end product. When I look at attacking midfielders/wingers the first thing I always look out for is the level of end product they have. Take a look at people like Eriksen Silva Mata ,Son, Mahrez even Lucas Moura. In the final third all players are very dangerous. They may not work as hard as Willian or do as many sprints in a game but all of them have good end product. Willian is good at carrying the ball and beating a man in tight spaces but what he does with the ball after that is usually where the problems are. Year in year out this has been his problem since he has been here. Some thought he would become better after Hazard left which I found surprising because Hazard end product has protected Willian for years. His numbers are low every year for an attacking player and it is not by fluke. He really lacks quality in the final third. He is a good player just not a good attacking midfielder/winger. 

We are not talking about making difficult passes or decisions. Willian gets it wrong even in the most basics of passes. To call that a good player is laughable.

For an attacking midfielder to play dozens of goals and not create a single chance is not the stuff a serious club. Where are our goals going to come from, if we field players like Willian?

More and more we are becoming like AC Milan  in the early 2000's - allowing so called experienced players to get too comfortable. We know how it all ends. 

Bison   
11 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Jorginho is a square peg in a round hole yet currently better than what else is on the bench by some margin.

My criticism of him yesterday was for their first goal, he does the right thing running out to close down Trent-Alexander yet then ducks!

The real issue isn't that he turned his back; it's what happened before the freekick was won.

Fabinho is one of the slowest players in the league but he absolutely flew by Jorginho as if he wasn't there. He then played the ball to Mane who won the freekick on the edge of our box.

Our defenders have ZERO protection. Jorginho has no presence, he is weak and cannot run. Opposition players go by him or around him with absolute ease. Even an average midfielders blocks the opposition players a couple of times a game in that situation.

If he was Iniesta, De Bruyne or Xavi on the ball then I would understand the need to have him in the team. But what he actually brings to the table doesn't remotely justify carrying such an incredibly weak, unathletic player.

Jasonb   
23 minutes ago, Bison said:

The real issue isn't that he turned his back; it's what happened before the freekick was won.

Fabinho is one of the slowest players in the league but he absolutely flew by Jorginho as if he wasn't there. He then played the ball to Mane who won the freekick on the edge of our box.

Our defenders have ZERO protection. Jorginho has no presence, he is weak and cannot run. Opposition players go by him or around him with absolute ease. Even an average midfielders blocks the opposition players a couple of times a game in that situation.

If he was Iniesta, De Bruyne or Xavi on the ball then I would understand the need to have him in the team. But what he actually brings to the table doesn't remotely justify carrying such an incredibly weak, unathletic player.

I don't disagree that he is slow yet who else on the bench it is better overall?

JaneB   
7 hours ago, JaneB said:

Btw, where is TVF? :-(

And Zaffo for that matter

bONes   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

Even though I defended him last season, I agree on the above - this passing is still way off from even Fabregas

54 minutes ago, bONes said:

Even though I defended him last season, I agree on the above - this passing is still way off from even Fabregas

Bring back Ampadu. We need an actual defensive midfielder.