• Current Donation Goals

1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

He changed his name to xCELERYx back in 2017. 

Not quite as easy to say though  :)
Besides as we know well, there are very few members arrived since then, so it seems reasonable to assume we all know who we are talking about.

Slightly related - I see that there is now an easy namechange facility via our personal profile page, and we can all change names every 30 days or so.  Not that I want to encourage that.  Makes it a bit tricky.  After a while I did work out who the  "King Kante" with 3,000 posts might be.

There used to be a special name change request thread, which had the bonus that we could spot the changes going through.
Can we have a "my latest name change thread" where posters volunteer the update info please?  (Or perhaps if I started it, would you approve it?)

11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There used to be a special name change request thread, which had the bonus that we could spot the changes going through.

The original one has recently closed, apparently (don't get me started!).  if you want to start a new one, then go for it - I'll approve.. 

JaneB   
32 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

He changed his name to xCELERYx back in 2017. 

I did realise that Michael but just called him Zaffo without thinking!!!

:-)

43 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Bring back Ampadu. We need an actual defensive midfielder. 

Good to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. Ampadu's combo of attributes (physical presence/size, calmness on the ball, mobility & strong tackling) are missing from our midfield. He's been shipped out on loan to the Bundesliga where he has played zero minutes to date. It's looking like a terrible decision to send him out on loan given he'd likely have had a fair chance at regular appearances at CFC in light of the shortfall of DMs on the squad. 

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I did realise that Michael but just called him Zaffo without thinking!!!

:-)

Well anyway - he was last active  middle of August. Might be away, on holiday, or taking a break.

JaneB   
18 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well anyway - he was last active  middle of August. Might be away, on holiday, or taking a break.

Yes of course.  Thanks.

Stim   
22 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

Good to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. Ampadu's combo of attributes (physical presence/size, calmness on the ball, mobility & strong tackling) are missing from our midfield. He's been shipped out on loan to the Bundesliga where he has played zero minutes to date. It's looking like a terrible decision to send him out on loan given he'd likely have had a fair chance at regular appearances at CFC in light of the shortfall of DMs on the squad. 

But all the pundits told me that we would be fine putting Kante at DM.

Although after Sunday maybe someone had a good idea putting him right forward :happy:

Just now, Stim said:

But all the pundits told me that we would be fine putting Kante at DM.

Although after Sunday maybe someone had a good idea putting him right forward :happy:

Lol. Sarri was on point with regards to Kante from Day 1 and Kante and Chelsea have benefited as a result. Too bad the British media were too narrow minded to see the reasoning behind Sarri's decision and likely too proud to admit that they've been wrong all along!

Kante is a natural box to box player. What's missing from our midfield is an enforcer sweeping up behind the 2 B2B CMs in a midfield trio especially against strong opposition. Hopefully, Ampadu can be recalled in January.

• Like 1

kev61   
11 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

For just one pointless game, I'd like to see him play as a CF. I'm just curious. 

I said that a while back Nobly and was laughed at.In this world of recycling we need to think outside the box before paying tens of millions for duds.For example I would have tried Victor Moses as centre forward and Luiz  in midfield.

I'll tell you a true story, when I played we had the same issues in the cf position,we had a goalkeeper that looked great as a centre forward in a kick about in training...You know what's coming he went on to be our top scorer for the rest of the time I played at the club.Didn't Fernando Torres start life as a goalie?(some will say he should have stuck at it!)

Edited by kev61

1 minute ago, MikelBlue said:

Lol. Sarri was on point with regards to Kante from Day 1 and Kante and Chelsea have benefited as a result. Too bad the British media were too narrow minded to see the reasoning behind Sarri's decision and likely too proud to admit that they've been wrong all along!

Kante is a natural box to box player. 

Who wouldn't want a man that mobile moving about the pitch?  Leicester restricted him.  They had Drinkwater in the middle and Kante on the left and Kante on the right.  We have him up front and at the back too. 

Scored a brilliant brilliant brilliant goal, but my favourite moment from the game was as the last man with Salah trying to beat him for pace on a breakaway after our corner.