• Current Donation Goals

I fear that this game has come a little too early for us with the injuries and new style bedding in. It was a massive surprise just how we outplayed them and even tore their defence a new one in the Super Cup. But can we do that a second time especially when they had their bump during the week? Perhaps I'm being a touch pessimistic and we will pull somethjing out of the hat. hope so. One thing to note, despite Tammys great form  Giroud  causes the too laid back Van Dijk issues when he plays against him, seen it for Chelsea and for France V Holland. Giroud is very good at pulling away from defendersand making little ruuns in behind/playing it to others that do. Van dijk never looks whats going on behind him, usually focusses on the man on the ball. Napoli almost scored 3 from that on wednesday.

Can see us getting  smashed in this game hoping I’m wrong but got a bad feeling. Kante needs to start and hopefully mount is fit would like to play 433 in this game not a fan of 3 at the back . 

chelboy   

Looks like Kante is not fit enough to play. If we do play 3 in the midfield that can mean only one person to take the 3rd cm role.... Barkley. Really starting to regret that Ampudu loan. We have needed him these past few weeks and he is not even being used on loan which makes it even worse. 

So many injuries this season already, on top of the transfer ban, it has made for one hell of a start for Frank to deal with. This game looks like it's too soon for Kante, Rudiger, Mount and definitely to early for a CHO start at least, which is a massive shame and so not sure what the best way to approach this is, it may be a case of seeing what we have and then finding a system to fit that, so I would probably go for:

Kepa

Zouma Christensen Tomori

Azpi Jorginho Kovacic Emerson

Pulisic Tammy Willian

Subs: Caballero, Alonso, Barkley, Pedro, CHO, Batshuayi, Giroud

I honestly can't see us winning this one, I would love a draw and at this point with the injuries we have and the form of Liverpool, I'd probably take a 1-0 defeat and just move on and get past the game with no new injuries.

Kante would make such a huge difference in this game and when him and Rudiger are back we'll look so much stronger.

Bison   

I was just watching an interview with CHO about Chelsea players ratings. They asked him who he thought was the slowest player at the club and who was the weakest? Both times he answered Jorginho. LOL!

Can't blame CHO at all - Jorginho is built like child. Worst thing about it is that his passing doesn't come remotely close to justifying carrying somebody with zero physical attributes.

The reason I mention this is that I think we're going to get seriously overrun in midfield on Sunday. It's not going to be pretty.

Blue Rod   
On 19/09/2019 at 10:03 AM, paulw66 said:

Gold from you. 

I very rarely get my evaluations and predictions wrong. I don't have gold, or even silver; just decent objective untinted judgement. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I very rarely get my evaluations and predictions wrong. I don't have gold, or even silver; just decent objective untinted judgement. 

At risk of unintended offence, is that hubris or self-deprecation? Your tongue is surely well-lodged in your cheek? Personally, I’m often amazed at my ability to misjudge the situation, as I would think are most of us. 

Leo91   
20 hours ago, Bison said:

I was just watching an interview with CHO about Chelsea players ratings. They asked him who he thought was the slowest player at the club and who was the weakest? Both times he answered Jorginho. LOL!

Can't blame CHO at all - Jorginho is built like child. Worst thing about it is that his passing doesn't come remotely close to justifying carrying somebody with zero physical attributes.

The reason I mention this is that I think we're going to get seriously overrun in midfield on Sunday. It's not going to be pretty.

Have Liverpool ever overrun us in midfield ? I feel like we've got the best of them in recent games in the midfield. They've just killed us with the front 3.

4 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Like you got it right about Sarri after a handful of games?

• Like 1