• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

 

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League match against Lille at Stade Pierre-Mauroy, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Wednesday 2nd October, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously a must-win, given the opening CL game and I'm confident we'll get the result we need. The players seemed to have started to settle down a bit more and look to be able to actually put in a performance for the full 90 now! I expect Frank to make a couple of changes for this one, to keep it fresh and get some game time in to some legs and a rest to some others.

Kepa

James Christensen Tomori Azpi

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Mount Tammy CHO

Subs: Caballero, Zouma, Alonso, Barkley, Pulisic, Willian, Bats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice 3-1 away win can’t see many changes kovavic instead of Barkley and hoping odoi or pulisic instead of Pedro don’t think he’s played well at all this season and to be honest can see him leaving before the end of the season . Goals mount Tammy Alonso 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
Just now, Aussie1979 said:

A nice 3-1 away win can’t see many changes kovavic instead of Barkley and hoping odoi or pulisic instead of Pedro don’t think he’s played well at all this season and to be honest can see him leaving before the end of the season . Goals mount Tammy Alonso 

You think we can afford to offload any senior players at this stage? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

Am off to this on Wednesday. Can't lie, super excited.

Wouldn't say this is must win, but certainly, thanks to Ross' efforts, this is a must-not-lose.

Working on the basis that I expect Ajax to win the group, we are competing with Valencia and Lille for 2nd spot.......no points from 2, before having played the group's strongest team, would make this very, very, difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Wouldn't say this is must win, but certainly, thanks to Ross' efforts, this is a must-not-lose.

Must-not-draw I'd say.  4th place is third best..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Must-not-draw I'd say.  4th place is third best..

I see what you mean......do not come 3rd at all costs! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

You think we can afford to offload any senior players at this stage? 

 

If we manage to get are transfer ban reduced then yes I can definitely see Pedro leaving I’ll admit I’m not his greatest fan and in my opinion he would be 4th choice winger at the moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, Aussie1979 said:

If we manage to get are transfer ban reduced then yes I can definitely see Pedro leaving I’ll admit I’m not his greatest fan and in my opinion he would be 4th choice winger at the moment 

Whatever people's opinion on pecking order, we need 4 wingers. Until the ban is lifted, it would be folly to get rid of anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Whatever people's opinion on pecking order, we need 4 wingers. Until the ban is lifted, it would be folly to get rid of anyone.

I think the current meme is just sling out all the senior players and some kid will come along and be better.  We need a few top class pros who will be seriously expensive.  They won't be coming here in January, window open or closed.
January is for buying ageing hasbeens from clubs who have no title chances already - like Giroud from Arsenal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.