• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think the current meme is just sling out all the senior players and some kid will come along and be better.  We need a few top class pros who will be seriously expensive.  They won't be coming here in January, window open or closed.
January is for buying ageing hasbeens from clubs who have no title chances already - like Giroud from Arsenal.  

Unless you get lucky with a player who is playing beneath himself somewhere like Anelka at Bolton 

I saw quite a bit of Lilles game at Ajax last week and they were better than the score suggested, they could and should have scored at least two goals. They have some very skillful and strong runners it wont be easy but we will create chances ourselves but have to take them which has in some games been an issue this season. I think we could come in any one of the four places in this group as it is so evenly matched. Lille are perhaps by a small margin the weakest team in the group so avoiding defeat would be a minimum requirement here.

4 hours ago, Aussie1979 said:

A nice 3-1 away win can’t see many changes kovavic instead of Barkley and hoping odoi or pulisic instead of Pedro don’t think he’s played well at all this season and to be honest can see him leaving before the end of the season . Goals mount Tammy Alonso 

I think you need to look at the games Pedro played prior to his injury. He was being a leader amongst a group of rookies.

Even William has come to the party after his initial early season sulk.

You can't buy their experience and it will be needed in the coming months.  

• Like 1

Kepa 

Dave Christensen Tomori Alonso 

Kante Jorgi Kova 

Willian Tammy Mount

Subs: Willy, Zouma, James, Barkley, CHO, Pedro, Giroud

My team would be;

Arrizabalaga

Azpilicueta Christensen Tomori Alonso 

Kante       Jorginho      Kovacic

Willian              Abraham            Mount

Subs: Caballero, Zouma, James, Barkley, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi 

Edited by The_Ghost

Jasonb   

I think it might line up as:

Arrizabalaga

Azpi   Rudiger   Tomori   Alonso

Jorginho  Kovacic  Mount

Pulisic  Abraham  CHO

55 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think it might line up as:

Arrizabalaga

Azpi   Rudiger   Tomori   Alonso

Jorginho  Kovacic  Mount

Pulisic  Abraham  CHO

From what I saw from the training session earlier, Rudiger wasn't involved and I'd be very surprised if he'd be ready to play, even if he was involved later in the session.

WOuld be interested to see the midfield and attack you've suggested though, with Mount playing between No. 8 and No. 10. Although Kante was full participating in training and looked fine and so I expect he'll start in the midfield.

I’d look at mixing things up a little tonight. I’d look at our most obvious back 4 available, with a view to starting James at RB on Sunday .

I’d be tempted to leave Kante until Sunday and look at a three of Jorginho, Kovacic and Barkley.

This looks a good opportunity for Pulisic to start with Giroud/Bats and Pedro/CHO.

I’d take the chance to rest Tammy,Mount, Kante for Sunday. I just think the league is far more important at present, I would still expect a squad 11 to go close to winning at Lille who have sold their best players that got them here.

30 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

’d take the chance to rest Tammy,Mount, Kante for Sunday. I just think the league is far more important at present, I would still expect a squad 11 to go close to winning at Lille who have sold their best players that got them here.

Do you think PL is higher profile than CL?  Already?

I'd have said that this is one of the biggest games of the season.  Lose or draw this and getting through the group will be really tough.  The next big game after this might well be the EL final.

A CL QF rescues the season for us.  

20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Do you think PL is higher profile than CL?  Already?

I'd have said that this is one of the biggest games of the season.  Lose or draw this and getting through the group will be really tough.  The next big game after this might well be the EL final.

A CL QF rescues the season for us.  

Bloody hell Droy, are we already in season rescuing mode?!