• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

 

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Southampton at St. Mary's Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 14:00, Sunday 6th October, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that Mount looked a bit knackered. I'd have him rested on Sunday and go with;

                           Arrizabalaga

James     Christensen     Tomori     Alonso

        Kanté         Jorginho        Barkley

     Pedro            Abraham        Hudson-Odoi

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Kovacic, Mount, Pulisic, Batshuayi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I thought that Mount looked a bit knackered. I'd have him rested on Sunday and go with;

                           Arrizabalaga

James     Christensen     Tomori     Alonso

        Kanté         Jorginho        Barkley

     Pedro            Abraham        Hudson-Odoi

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Kovacic, Mount, Pulisic, Batshuayi

Replace Barkley with Kova and that is not far off what I would choose. However, I reckon Mount starts the next one. I also do not see Dave being dropped. 

Edited by King Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have my doubts Kante will play here based on how he looked last night.

433 game for me here. Same back four as we ended with last night. Kovacic to come back in for this one.

Tammy, CHO, Willian if fit. Mount could maybe do with a little rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be nice/need to sign off with another win before the international break and try and build the momentum up a bit. Don't think it will be straightforward though, I feel Southampton are slightly better than the league table currently shows and it's always difficult coming off the back of a CL away game. I would expect us to go back to 433 for this and a few changes to be made by Frank as some tired legs out there at the end last night.

 

Kepa

Azpilicueta  Christensen  Tomori  Alonso

Kante  Jorginho  Kovacic

Pedro  Tammy  CHO

Subs: Caballero, Zouma, James, Barkley, Pulisic, Mount, Bats

 

I think Mount needs a slight rest and I'd rather have him at his best for the final 30 than the first 30 and then go quiet for the next 20-30mins, plus it means we can bring CHO and he looks more than ready to go.

I expect we'll concede again, so hopefully, Tammy can himself another couple of goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   

I hate to be critical but I am still not sure if Christensen is the kind of industrial unit you need in the prem. Whenever I see him, the first word that comes to mind is willowy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I hate to be critical but I am still not sure if Christensen is the kind of industrial unit you need in the prem. Whenever I see him, the first word that comes to mind is willowy.

I’m also tending to come around to a similar way of thinking. I think he is a La Liga , Serie A CB more than PL CB.

I’m still hopeful he can improve his physicality, but if one of our CB’s is expendable in the near future and taking into account the money we would get for him. I’m starting to think it may be him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I’m still hopeful he can improve his physicality, but if one of our CB’s is expendable in the near future and taking into account the money we would get for him. I’m starting to think it may be him.

If you go back to the teams we had when winning the Prem, we had 9 or 10 top players and 5 or 6 that covered for injuries or played in the 2 or 3 gaps left by the stars.  

We could upgrade on all our current defenders except Rudiger.  Azpi might return to previous form (stamina seems to be a huge issue if he plays at FB).  Tomori or James might get there.

So yes Christensen and Zouma could well be sold to get a 28 yo hard CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

If you go back to the teams we had when winning the Prem, we had 9 or 10 top players and 5 or 6 that covered for injuries or played in the 2 or 3 gaps left by the stars.  

Like Alex. Was a great option though never really worldclass material. Christensen is like an Alex-type rotation option IMO. I would keep him. Maybe Rudiger and Tomori are the first choice options next year if Rudiger hits the ground running and Tomori continues pushing on. If 1 CB gets sold right now, I think Zouma is the least likely to "develop" further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
16 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I hate to be critical but I am still not sure if Christensen is the kind of industrial unit you need in the prem. Whenever I see him, the first word that comes to mind is willowy.

"Willowy?"😂 I would rather have willowy than the "industrial" Zouma!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.