• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Southampton 1 Chelsea 4

paulw66   
On 10/2/2019 at 10:20 PM, The_Ghost said:

I thought that Mount looked a bit knackered. I'd have him rested on Sunday and go with;

Arrizabalaga

James     Christensen     Tomori     Alonso

Kanté         Jorginho        Barkley

Pedro            Abraham        Hudson-Odoi

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Kovacic, Mount, Pulisic, Batshuayi

On 10/3/2019 at 10:53 AM, My Blood Is Blue said:

Be nice/need to sign off with another win before the international break and try and build the momentum up a bit. Don't think it will be straightforward though, I feel Southampton are slightly better than the league table currently shows and it's always difficult coming off the back of a CL away game. I would expect us to go back to 433 for this and a few changes to be made by Frank as some tired legs out there at the end last night.

Kepa

Azpilicueta  Christensen  Tomori  Alonso

Kante  Jorginho  Kovacic

Pedro  Tammy  CHO

Subs: Caballero, Zouma, James, Barkley, Pulisic, Mount, Bats

I think Mount needs a slight rest and I'd rather have him at his best for the final 30 than the first 30 and then go quiet for the next 20-30mins, plus it means we can bring CHO and he looks more than ready to go.

I expect we'll concede again, so hopefully, Tammy can himself another couple of goals.

Is Willian injured?

Been one of our best players over the last 2 games. 

• Haha 1

Hopefully back to 4-33 odoi to start mount back in the middle 3 with kante and Jorginho and chirsteson in ahead of  zouma .2-1 win with Tammy and odoi on the scoresheet us to concede again on a set piece

Jorginho confirmed as vice captain by Lamps. Clearly been the captain on the pitch since he joined the club and nice for him to get that recognition. Thankfully the idiots have stopped booing now and seem to recognise his quality. Shows how petty the hatred of Sarri became last season. 

• Like 1

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Jorginho confirmed as vice captain by Lamps. Clearly been the captain on the pitch since he joined the club and nice for him to get that recognition. Thankfully the idiots have stopped booing now and seem to recognise his quality. Shows how petty the hatred of Sarri became last season. 

Well quite. He now gets praised for doing the same job he was doing last year and getting booed for it. 

Sarri's lovechild was amongst the intelligent names he was called. Maybe now, Frank's bum boy?

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Is Willian injured?

Been one of our best players over the last 2 games. 

Not sure, I was basing it off him going off on Wednesday night with what looked like an injury, not based on form.

Still not sure I'd agree he's been one of our best players over the last 2 games though. He's been very wasteful in the final 3rd at times.

Jorginho being named vice-captain makes sense, you can tell by how Frank talks about him that he has been hugely impressed with him on and off the pitch. I also think that we don't have many other options to fulfil that role, to be honest, Rudiger maybe but that's about it.

Is it a coincidence he's named him now, as James has started to make some appearances? What was the context of the announcement, was he asked outright who VC was? Was he asked about Jorginho in particular and his role in the team or did he just come out and say it?

17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Not sure, I was basing it off him going off on Wednesday night with what looked like an injury, not based on form.

Still not sure I'd agree he's been one of our best players over the last 2 games though. He's been very wasteful in the final 3rd at times.

2 goals is 2 goals.

15 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Jorginho being named vice-captain makes sense, you can tell by how Frank talks about him that he has been hugely impressed with him on and off the pitch. I also think that we don't have many other options to fulfil that role, to be honest, Rudiger maybe but that's about it.

Is it a coincidence he's named him now, as James has started to make some appearances? What was the context of the announcement, was he asked outright who VC was? Was he asked about Jorginho in particular and his role in the team or did he just come out and say it?

unless of course he should be made captain.

^ Absolutely 2 goals is 2 goals, I'm not knocking that, I'm just saying I don't think he's been one of our best players of the last 2 games.

^^ I can see why you or others may think he should be made captain, it's a valid shout, however, to take that away from Azpi does much more harm to him and the squad than good. It would be a move I just don't see as worthwhile at this point.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

^ Absolutely 2 goals is 2 goals, I'm not knocking that, I'm just saying I don't think he's been one of our best players of the last 2 games.

^^ I can see why you or others may think he should be made captain, it's a valid shout, however, to take that away from Azpi does much more harm to him and the squad than good. It would be a move I just don't see as worthwhile at this point.

I' d certainly sa he was one of our best players in the last 2 games, even without the goals.

Jorginho - sure Azpi or Jorginho makes sense.  Just so long as the captain backs Jorginho over Barkley as penalty taker  :)

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I' d certainly sa he was one of our best players in the last 2 games, even without the goals.

Jorginho - sure Azpi or Jorginho makes sense.  Just so long as the captain backs Jorginho over Barkley as penalty taker  :)

He's definitely a player who divides opinion, that is for sure. Personally I expect quite a bit more from Willian than we're currently getting. For someone with so much talent, I often come away slightly disappointed and feeling he could do more.

Ha, yes, that's something I think just about all Chelsea fans can agree on. I would guess Azpi is the captain who will perform more of the public and 'club' duties and Jorginho is more the onfield general, if you like.