• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

 

Is Willian injured?

Been one of our best players over the last 2 games. 

Yep. Still our most creative AM and  still an important player.

2 goals in last 2 games, yet if you were read the last two match threads the name you will see on the end of stick will be Wilian (before his goals obviously)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Jorginho confirmed as vice captain by Lamps. Clearly been the captain on the pitch since he joined the club and nice for him to get that recognition. Thankfully the idiots have stopped booing now and seem to recognise his quality. Shows how petty the hatred of Sarri became last season. 

Kev will be seething.....out by end of season apparently!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s great willian getting 2 goals in 2 games  hopefully he continues to score and assist but to be honest I was asking for him to be subbed just before he got the winner because he was so frustrating done some nice flicks and nothing else but glad I’m not the manager 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
9 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

It’s great willian getting 2 goals in 2 games  hopefully he continues to score and assist but to be honest I was asking for him to be subbed just before he got the winner because he was so frustrating done some nice flicks and nothing else but glad I’m not the manager 

To a slightly lesser extent it's the"Hazard" conundrum ...on Eden's away day games when he didn't seem to get involved there was always the chance he would rouse himself and destroy the opposition before going back in his shell....sub or not?...that as the man said "Is The Question"

Indeed..glad I don't have to make those decision but I guess  a huge paycheck helps the pain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
17 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

It’s great willian getting 2 goals in 2 games  hopefully he continues to score and assist but to be honest I was asking for him to be subbed just before he got the winner because he was so frustrating done some nice flicks and nothing else but glad I’m not the manager 

Well, he has been criticsed in the past (quite fairly) for not scoring enough........ he has just got 2 in 2.

He is and will continue to be a very important player over the course of the season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

 

Is Willian injured?

Been one of our best players over the last 2 games. 

Personally I'd rather see some rotation to not burn anyone out. Th eteam is young and the younger players can risk beeing burnt out relatively to the older more senior pros. So no harm in letting the players rotating keeping them fresh. 

I'm also not so sure he's been one of our best players lately. I think that would fall to Mount, Tomori, Jorginho and Alonso. But he hasn't been poor either. Just more of 7/10 performances from him I reckon. 

 

1 hour ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Jorginho confirmed as vice captain by Lamps. Clearly been the captain on the pitch since he joined the club and nice for him to get that recognition. Thankfully the idiots have stopped booing now and seem to recognise his quality. Shows how petty the hatred of Sarri became last season. 

Absolutely, well all but a handful who quite clearly went so far in their critisism of Jorginho that there's no turning back from it. 

We all know who they are on this forum. 

 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Well quite. He now gets praised for doing the same job he was doing last year and getting booed for it. 

Sarri's lovechild was amongst the intelligent names he was called. Maybe now, Frank's bum boy?

I think some said Jorginho would be benched by Lamps. We are seeing the exact opposite. Will the man "who never gets anything wrong" admit he got most things wrong last season? I won't old my breath...

 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Jorginho being named vice-captain makes sense, you can tell by how Frank talks about him that he has been hugely impressed with him on and off the pitch. I also think that we don't have many other options to fulfil that role, to be honest, Rudiger maybe but that's about it.

Is it a coincidence he's named him now, as James has started to make some appearances? What was the context of the announcement, was he asked outright who VC was? Was he asked about Jorginho in particular and his role in the team or did he just come out and say it?

Frank is on record stating Jorginho is a key player. He quite clearly is and always was. 

 

41 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Kev will be seething.....out by end of season apparently!

Out last summer if you would take his word for it. I suspect he'll have to wait a while unless a bigger and richer side comes in for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
52 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yep. Still our most creative AM and  still an important player.

2 goals in last 2 games, yet if you were read the last two match threads the name you will see on the end of stick will be Wilian (before his goals obviously)

Scoring a wonderful volley does not take away the countless times he could have made a better decision in the final third. This is not just a rare brain fart it happens quite often. With the level of his technical ability he could get 15 assists every season easily . Problem has been and always will be his decision making in the final third. I have seen players with far  less technical ability than Willian be way more effective in the final third. There is no  Willian agenda and there never has been. People can see what he brings but the position in which he plays in end product is more valuable than work rate. Always felt Willian was a central midfielder playing on the wing. If you put Kova on the wings he would practically be like Willian without the long shots and finishing . Willian offers more in the midfield than he does on the forward line. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I think some said Jorginho would be benched by Lamps. We are seeing the exact opposite. Will the man "who never gets anything wrong" admit he got most things wrong last season? I won't old my breath...

Give it another 15 years...  it'll come right.  

15 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Willian offers more in the midfield than he does on the forward line. 

He offers a whole lot of things from defending as part of a midfield, covering the FB, ball winning, offering an out ball and being the perfect wall to play 1-2s off.  People see him as a poor man's Hazard, when in fact he does all the things Hazard never did do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
30 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Personally I'd rather see some rotation to not burn anyone out. Th eteam is young and the younger players can risk beeing burnt out relatively to the older more senior pros. So no harm in letting the players rotating keeping them fresh. 

I'm also not so sure he's been one of our best players lately. I think that would fall to Mount, Tomori, Jorginho and Alonso. But he hasn't been poor either. Just more of 7/10 performances from him I reckon. 

 

 

Was responding to posts where his name wasnt in the squad at all.........for me, he starts but if not, has to be on the bench. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Scoring a wonderful volley does not take away the countless times he could have made a better decision in the final third. This is not just a rare brain fart it happens quite often. With the level of his technical ability he could get 15 assists every season easily . Problem has been and always will be his decision making in the final third. I have seen players with far  less technical ability than Willian be way more effective in the final third. There is no  Willian agenda and there never has been. People can see what he brings but the position in which he plays in end product is more valuable than work rate. Always felt Willian was a central midfielder playing on the wing. If you put Kova on the wings he would practically be like Willian without the long shots and finishing . Willian offers more in the midfield than he does on the forward line. 

Of course it doesn’t. I said he is still our most creative AM. Yeah he can make bad decisions, yeah he doesn’t score enough........he’s still our most creative AM though.

As for the agenda, he is this seasons scapegoat. It will ramp up in a few weeks time for spell, then it will die down again when he scores a couple of goals. I’ve not looked back on the match thread because I don’t have too, check for yourself if you want, he will receive the largest amount of negative comments in the last two games. Yet he scored an important second goal to seal the win and then the winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.