• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Newcastle at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday, 19th October, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

JaneB   
1 hour ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Just read that Kante had to pull out of the French team in the warm up tonight with a hamstring injury. This is getting a bit worrying.

Certainly is.  Whatever is going on?  I'm sure Kante never used to get injured.  We can so ill-afford to lose him.

Stupid suggestion I'm sure, but is something up with our medical/rehabilitation/training regimes?

Ham   
52 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Certainly is.  Whatever is going on?  I'm sure Kante never used to get injured.  We can so ill-afford to lose him.

Stupid suggestion I'm sure, but is something up with our medical/rehabilitation/training regimes?

I've been saying this for the past year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

I suspect it is really very very difficult to stop Kante overtraining.  And I bet he hasn't bothered to do a proper warm up all his career.  He learnt the game at semi - pro level and went straight through to 2 PLs and a WC with barely a hiccup.  Who is going to tell him to warm up properly now?

I also bet he has often played when carrying an injury and no one noticed.  But probably the kind of injury that leads to pain or just reduced progress if you play on it.  Hamstrings work differently.

Really feel like Kante needs proper rest and not to be rushed back, which I honestly think Frank has done twice now. Let him rest (accept that could be easier said than done) and let these injuries he's had properly heal and then slowly introduce him back into full training and matches. Short term pain for the team, but long term gain, otherwise I fear his season will constantly be interrupted.

It doesn't help to have RLC out and Barkley performing so badly as it means our only real options in CM are then Jorginho and Kovacic without any possibility of rotating without a real decreasing quality.

Really missing football during this break, come back Chelsea!

Jasonb   

I thought this would happen 2 weeks ago, think something has changed and he will be like RLC now with injures, just bad lack.

We do fortunately have a silver lining with Kovacic in having another genuine box to box midfielder.

19 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Why is he even being risked for France.

To be fair, it was a qualification match. If they lost to Iceland things could've got a bit dicey for them.

Kovacic came off injured for Croatia last night too! Not sure on the extent of the injury, but we might be a little light in central areas for Saturday.

Might be a case of Barkley having to step up and put a performance in. Sad to say, but I would have more confidence if we played James there ahead of Barkley.