• Current Donation Goals

Leo91   

Midfield 3 of Jorgi-Mount-Barkley then. Front 3 of CHO - Tammy - Willian. Not the end of the world.

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Kovacic came off injured for Croatia last night too! Not sure on the extent of the injury, but we might be a little light in central areas for Saturday.

Might be a case of Barkley having to step up and put a performance in. Sad to say, but I would have more confidence if we played James there ahead of Barkley.

James got injured on international duty as well though! It's just a shame Barkley can't transfer some of his England performances to a Chelsea shirt.

Our luck with injuries this season is awful though and it's getting a bit worrying, still we should have enough for Newcastle. Based on injuries/potential injuries I think we'll see:

Kepa

Azpi  Zouma  Tomori  Alonso

Barkley  Jorginho

Willian  Mount  CHO

Tammy

Bench: Caballero, Christensen, Kovacic, Pedro, Pulisic, Bats, Giroud

If Christensen and Kovacic aren't fit enough to make the bench then maybe Guehi and Gilmour come in. Let's hope no injuries to any defenders!

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

James got injured on international duty as well though! It's just a shame Barkley can't transfer some of his England performances to a Chelsea shirt.

Our luck with injuries this season is awful though and it's getting a bit worrying, still we should have enough for Newcastle. Based on injuries/potential injuries I think we'll see:

Kepa

Azpi  Zouma  Tomori  Alonso

Barkley  Jorginho

Willian  Mount  CHO

Tammy

Bench: Caballero, Christensen, Kovacic, Pedro, Pulisic, Bats, Giroud

If Christensen and Kovacic aren't fit enough to make the bench then maybe Guehi and Gilmour come in. Let's hope no injuries to any defenders!

Rudi and Emerson may be fit

Edited by King Kante

31 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Rudi and Emerson may be fit

To play? That would be massive for us, if we could get Rudiger back on the pitch. Emerson too, but Alonso has done well since stepping in, so not so sure he'll walk straight back in, which is a nice problem to have.

chelboy   

Would rather try Emerson CM than Barkley. Just can’t see what Barkley offers right now. Barely looks interested when on the pitch. 

A nice comfortable 4-1win Newcastle are a poor team if we score early they will give up 2 from Tammy 1 for odoi and  a rare Alonso free kick 

Leo91   

Getting the early goal is crucial to open them up. If they sit back and settle it, it could become tough.

Kepa 

Dave Rudi Tomori Alonso

Kova Jorgi Mount 

Willian Tammy CHO 

I am quite confident that Rudi should be back for this and I think he will play as he has had no football since April and will not be thrown into Ajax away without a game beforehand if possible. Alonso will keep his position but I expect to see Emerson on the bench. Kante I reckon will be rested and I am guessing Kova will play. If he is injured, replace him with Barkley. 

Rob B   
1 minute ago, charlie_sw69 said:

CHO warming up nicely for this with two goals tonight. Second was a cracker by all accounts.

Was just going to post exactly the same thing!!

First one was far from shabby either...

• Like 1