• Current Donation Goals

Leo91   

Azpi's delivery has been shocking when playing with a back 3. 433 is the way for me.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Just because there is apparent lack of interest in potentially signing some of their players, that doesn't mean they aren't a strong collective. 

Ajax is a very good example of the some of its parts being signifcantly greater than the individuals within it. The coach has them well ogranised, and well drilled and they have largely all played together for a few seasons. 

I agree but at the same time, I am of the opinion that if you want to get out of the group stage you should not be overly worried about Ajax. Last season they caught a lot of people cold and they had better players. If we do not get 4 points against them, then I am of the opinion we do not deserve to qualify for the last 16. 

Edited by King Kante

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I agree but at the same time, I am of the opinion that if you want to get out of the group stage you should not be overly worried about Ajax. Last season they caught a lot of people cold and they had better players. If we do not get 4 points against them, then I am of the opinion we do not deserve to qualify for the last 16. 

Well, they stuffed Valencia 3-0 in Valenica, who beat us at home. 

Well, they stuffed Valencia 3-0 in Valenica, who beat us at home. 

That may be so, but at the same time Ajax this year are probably not better than last 16. Hence, if you do not beat them then you do not deserve to be there. 

My personal opinion, is that 3rd and Ropey is a better shout for us anyway as doing so gives you the eqivilent of a CL semi-final prize money, it boost the clubs coffiecient, it gives the young boys more experience of playing 2 games a week and in Europe and winning something is always better than being an also ran. I do recognise I am in the minority on this however and it requires actually winning the thing which is easier said than done. 

As for the game, I reckon we will get a draw as I think we deal better when games are open. 

Edited by King Kante

paulw66   
32 minutes ago, King Kante said:

That may be so, but at the same time Ajax this year are probably not better than last 16. Hence, if you do not beat them then you do not deserve to be there. 

My personal opinion, is that 3rd and Ropey is a better shout for us anyway as doing so gives you the eqivilent of a CL semi-final prize money, it boost the clubs coffiecient, it gives the young boys more experience of playing 2 games a week and in Europe and winning something is always better than being an also ran. I do recognise I am in the minority on this however and it requires actually winning the thing which is easier said than done. 

As for the game, I reckon we will get a draw as I think we deal better when games are open. 

Winning the Europa league will be very hard this year. Couple of big hitters will drop out of CL 

Winning the Europa league will be very hard this year. Couple of big hitters will drop out of CL 

The only big hitter that may drop into it is Inter but they are dead set on trying to win Serie A and getting top 4 again, which is a lot easier. Therefore, if they drop in I can see them not taking very seriously. After that the other top teams would be Arsenal, Utd and Seville who are already in it. As bad as they have started Spuds should still get out of their group. 

Edited by King Kante

chelboy   
Just now, King Kante said:

The only big hitter that may drop into is Inter but they are dead set on trying to win Serie A and getting top 4 again, which is a lot easier. Therefore, if they drop in I can see them not taking very seriously. After that the other top teams would be Arsenal, Utd and Seville who are already in it. As bad as they have started Spuds should still get out of their group. 

Spurs will not make top 2 at this rate. Madrid too. Salzburg likely to exit too.  Europa will be tricky this year. Definitely harder than last year. 

27 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Spurs will not make top 2 at this rate. Madrid too. Salzburg likely to exit too.  Europa will be tricky this year. Definitely harder than last year. 

Spuds are in a group where they just need to beat Red Star home and away then beat Olympiacos at home or even just get a 0-0 or 1-1 with them. Madrid should get out even after one point from two games. Salzburg may drop but again they can turn it around at this point.

That said, this is a pretty moot point as I reckon we will make the last 16 regardless. 

Edited by King Kante

It’s going to be a tough game can see it being a cracker though. 2-2 giroud and pulisic with the goals hopefully Lampard makes a couple of changes mount and Tammy to be rested got a bad feeling Tomori is going to make another mistake that gets punished this time