• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Burnley at Turf Moor, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday 26th October, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

This game will be tough and I think more of an indicator, along with the Everton, Palace and West Ham games of whether will can finish in the top 4, as the last three have been pretty easy. Burnley know every trick in the book so I expect this one to be tight. Hopefully we will see Rudi and Kante back. 

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

This game will be tough and I think more of an indicator, along with the Everton, Palace and West Ham games of whether will can finish in the top 4, as the last three have been pretty easy. Burnley know every trick in the book so I expect this one to be tight. Hopefully we will see Rudi and Kante back. 

I sincerely hope that Rudiger is coming back soon. Think there are indications that Tomori (and Mount) are starting to show signs of fatigue. Be it physical or mental. 

The strain the players are under shouldn’t be underestimated and it’s hard for young lads to just soak it up. Just look at Christensen second season under Conte... It can go downhill fast. 

I’d rest Tomori and Mount for a game or two to be honest. 

Jasonb   
27 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I sincerely hope that Rudiger is coming back soon. Think there are indications that Tomori (and Mount) are starting to show signs of fatigue. Be it physical or mental. 

The strain the players are under shouldn’t be underestimated and it’s hard for young lads to just soak it up. Just look at Christensen second season under Conte... It can go downhill fast. 

We are coming to a period where we play two games a week so it will be interesting to see how Frank handles this.

With Burnley Away just 3 days after playing away to Ajax it is going to be a real test for the team and younger players.

Frank will understand the Burnley challenge yet will be balancing that with the players that are fit.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Re Rudiger - we have to make sure he is fit though. Nothing worse than rushing him (again).

With regards to Tomori, he has made 3 or 4 fairly major c*ck ups in the last few weeks, and he has got away with them all. That wont last much longer. 

Mount - agree, and there is Pulisic ready in waiting, who played well on Saturday, I thought. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Re Rudiger - we have to make sure he is fit though. Nothing worse than rushing him (again).

With regards to Tomori, he has made 3 or 4 fairly major c*ck ups in the last few weeks, and he has got away with them all. That wont last much longer. 

Mount - agree, and there is Pulisic ready in waiting, who played well on Saturday, I thought. 

Re Tomori - yes, he has made cock-ups that is a sign of lack of concentration I think. But over the last two games I also think he's general play has been a level lower. I don't think one should underestimate the difference this level requires in terms of being switched on mentally not to mention the physical strain of PL football. 

Yes, Pulisic is certainly due a run in the team and right now it looks like Mount is the one that is in dire need of a rest. He's been bang on average in 3 out of the 4 last games. The exception being Soton away... 

5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Totally agree. As you know I have been worried about relying on the young boys too much and how that could pan out over the course of a season. Tomori, as Paul says, has taken a lot of risks in the past three games and needs to calm down a bit. Mount, has also played a lot of football and looks like he could do with a rest but I am not too sure he will get it as he is playing the No.8 role atm and I cannot see SFL replacing Barkley with him. 

I am not saying that they should lose their place altogether, as that would be unfair, however a break is needed, especially as they went away on international duty. 

Hopefully, we will get the big boys Kante and Rudiger back soon as along with Jorginho and Willian they are most important players in regards to helping the young boys. 

If Martin Atkinson refs this we'll be lucky to get out alive , they love to give him to us so SKY can praise him for "letting the game flow" as they launch assault upon assault against our players . 

It's either him or whomever is the biggest "homer" on their books so Jon Moss or Kevin Friend. 

Expect VAR histrionics.

chara   
10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If Martin Atkinson refs this we'll be lucky to get out alive , they love to give him to us so SKY can praise him for "letting the game flow" as they launch assault upon assault against our players . 

It's either him or whomever is the biggest "homer" on their books so Jon Moss or Kevin Friend. 

Expect VAR histrionics.

Oh Mark...so cynical...AND SO RIGHT!!!!!!!

JaneB   
48 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Expect VAR histrionics.

Ha ha!!  That's just what Martin Tyler said about him yesterday at Old Trafford!

37 minutes ago, chara said:

Oh Mark...so cynical...AND SO RIGHT!!!!!!!

Absolutely.  And btw I think if Liverpool had gone on to win that match, Martin Tyler would have fallen off his gantry in blissful ecstasy.  He just couldn't wait for them to score again.

• Like 2