• Current Donation Goals

Jasonb   

I'm expecting a win here although realise they could hurt us or at least put one of our players on the recovery bench for a while.

You would expect Dyche to attempt to challenge us aerially too.

Notice Liverpool won 3-0 here now that would be nice as would just a 1-0 win and think we are well capable so come on you Blues....................

bert19   
10 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yes, this game will be interesting as it will tell us if we can compete with the more physical PL sides who are in good form. This game is tougher than Ajax away in my book as Burnley's style does not suit us. I am both dreading and looking forward to it as it will tell us a lot about what context to put our recent good form into. 

Pulisic should probably start but I do not see it. Willian atm keeps his place as we are lacking a lot of experience with Kante and Rudi missing (not sure if they're back or not) and I cannot see SFL dropping CHO or Mount. If however, he comes on and produces what he has done in the past two games and then further backs it up against Utd, then he will really be getting into must start territory. 

As for James, no chance he starts as he is also going to have to do the Puli dance to get his first team spot. 

I think Pulisic would be very useful playing the role he did last Saturday and on Wednesday here.  The game could be quite tight and someone with his ability to use his pace to get in behind and a bit of guile could be useful later in the game. 

I am of the view he should 100% start against United if fit though.  Let our crowd get behind him a bit and let him press the hell out of that defence of theirs

There couldnt be two more different back to back games. For me Willian starts as he's done very well lately and this game will suit him. If Rudi is fit he should replace Tomorri ( we need height in defence) . If Kante is fit he should partner Kova and replace Jorginho.  Tough on Jorginho as he played well agaist Ajax, but a small technical side like Ajax suits his game... the brutish physical thuggery of Burnley does not. This is exactly the kind of game that can pass him by. And where is RLC? Is he ever coming back? 

20 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

If Kante is fit he should partner Kova and replace Jorginho.

No way in the world is Jorginho going to be dropped this season or next.

20 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

And where is RLC? Is he ever coming back? 

In training, on schedule for the injury but much earlier than many feared.  His injury was 4 weeks after CHO whose first game was 1 month ago.  RLC is 5 years older so will probably take an extra month to be ready - I reckon we'll see him as a sub in November.
The medics have done well, kept expectations down but are getting them back quickly.  But then I'm pretty sure they are well paid to do a good job.

They will be very physical with us and will try and intimidate our youngsters, but I honestly don't think it will work. That said, the experienced heads need to be on it if we're to come away with 3 points.

I'd go:

Kepa

Azpi Zouma Tomori Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Tammy Mount

Subs: Caballero, James, Emerson, Pedro, Pulisic, Giroud, Bats

This could be one where we see Giroud off the bench to control the game a bit and possibly Pedro too. If we're behind, I'd expect Pulisic and maybe Bats though.

I think score draw in this, 2-2 with us twice going ahead.

8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

That said, the experienced heads need to be on it if we're to come away with 3 points.

And inexperienced heads need to stay on.  

We have still not beaten anyone now higher than 13th place, which is why the Ajax game meant so much.  Away at Burnley is quite a test.

chelboy   

Where the teams that we have beaten are in the league is not really important now. It is more about the performances. We are performing at a good level. For example we beat Wolves 5-2 then few weeks later Wolves beat City. The PL table has not really taken shape yet so I don’t think we should go by which teams we have beaten. It is not like Palace and Sheffield will stay that high all season. I would be more worried if we beat teams while playing poor consistently. 

27 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Where the teams that we have beaten are in the league is not really important now. It is more about the performances. We are performing at a good level. For example we beat Wolves 5-2 then few weeks later Wolves beat City. The PL table has not really taken shape yet so I don’t think we should go by which teams we have beaten. It is not like Palace and Sheffield will stay that high all season. I would be more worried if we beat teams while playing poor consistently. 

The table doesn't lie.  But if you think it does, then surely our position at 3rd= is at least as dubious as anyone else's.

chelboy   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The table doesn't lie.  But if you think it does, then surely our position at 3rd= is at least as dubious as anyone else's.

Considering the points are pretty close to others then maybe not. The points gap has not widened between positions yet so it does not tell you much. Maybe once we get to Christmas things will shape up more and different zones will start to appear. Right now Wolves who are 13th can win and jump to 6th. A table like that does not tell me much. 

asvaberg   

This is a all-muscles-no-brain kind of game.

I'd go for:

Kepa

Azpi - Tomori - Zouma - Alonso

Jorginho - Kovacic - Mount 

Pedro - Giroud - Pulisic