• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

This is a all-muscles-no-brain kind of game.

I'd go for:

Kepa

Azpi - Tomori - Zouma - Alonso

Jorginho - Kovacic - Mount 

Pedro - Giroud - Pulisic

If Kante is fit and raring to go would you play him, and if so where?

Blue Rod   

Kante still not fit. It's really worrying. I posted it last season, that the amount of work Kante was being asked to do was damaging to his fitness. Sadly I've been proven right. Kante came back for this season not having recovered from the exhaustion of last season. 

Playing as a right sided midfielder, a defensive partner to Jorginho and a box to box clear up man all at the same time, came at a huge price. Even Kante is not superhuman. 

3Sphinx   

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hijack this thread but not quite sure where to ask! I will be visiting London and going to Stamford Bridge for the first time (West Ham and Aston Villa)! How early would you recommend to get there before kick-off? And when would it be fine to just collect tickets an hour or 90 minutes before kick-off, or would the ticket office be too busy?

Thanks!

Jasonb   
8 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Kante still not fit. It's really worrying. I posted it last season, that the amount of work Kante was being asked to do was damaging to his fitness. Sadly I've been proven right. Kante came back for this season not having recovered from the exhaustion of last season. 

Playing as a right sided midfielder, a defensive partner to Jorginho and a box to box clear up man all at the same time, came at a huge price. Even Kante is not superhuman. 

I have a feeling like with Essien he will never be the same again.

Hope I'm wrong and thankfully Kovacic and Jorginho  have stepped up.

59 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Essien did his cruciate ligament twice and had a third serious knee injury. He missed the vast majority of a season each time and visibly lost all of his pace pretty quickly after. 

Kante's problems are not even in the same ballpark at this stage. I don't think anyone can doubt him whilst he has been on the pitch. Motm in a couple games against Liverpool and excellent in the Europa final. He quite clearly is still the same Kante as before. 

I think both he and Rudiger are suffering from slightly premature comebacks but will soon be back to normal. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

Ham   
5 hours ago, 3Sphinx said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hijack this thread but not quite sure where to ask! I will be visiting London and going to Stamford Bridge for the first time (West Ham and Aston Villa)! How early would you recommend to get there before kick-off? And when would it be fine to just collect tickets an hour or 90 minutes before kick-off, or would the ticket office be too busy?

Thanks!

Hi.  Hope you enjoy the visit.

The turnstiles can get a bit busy just before kick off because fans over here arrive at the last minute.

There are bars inside of course so arrive as early as you like. To avoid missing kick off get there no later than 15 minutes before.

Get to the ticket office about an hour before kick off to avoid being held up at the last minute. 

1 hour ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Essien did his cruciate ligament twice and had a third serious knee injury. He missed the vast majority of a season each time and visibly lost all of his pace pretty quickly after. 

Kante's problems are not even in the same ballpark at this stage. I don't think anyone can doubt him whilst he has been on the pitch. Motm in a couple games against Liverpool and excellent in the Europa final. He quite clearly is still the same Kante as before. 

I think both he and Rudiger are suffering from slightly premature comebacks but will soon be back to normal. 

Rudi is more of a concern. His knee injury that he picked up in April was his third in 3 or 4 years. Currently he is out with a groin but if he gets another long term knee injury in the next 24 months I think that would be very concerning. As for Kante, I agree, his situation is not like Essien's, as he did his ACL in both needs and had various other issues/injuries with them as well. 

Edited by King Kante

8 hours ago, 3Sphinx said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

If its your first time get in there early and soak it all up. The game against the hammers should be a great atmos and as for the Villa game.... That will also be a bit special as its JTs emotional return to the bridge . How weird is it going to be with him and Lampard in opposite boxes pitting wits against each other. 

5 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Essien had a big ACL injury.  Kante has a few small ones - I suspect it is hard to stop him over training.
Kovacic always looks good when not playing the No 8 old, and Jorginho always looks good full stop.  They are a good pair, especially if Mount means we have a proper 8 playing.