• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our EFL Cup 4th Round match against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:05, Wednesday, 30th October, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Rob B   

Interested to see what team Frank puts out for this one. It’ll largely depend on the latest with those currently injured.  From his previous updates, I think it’s pretty safe to say that Rudiger, RLC and Kante are definitely out:

For the purposes of this, I’ll assume everyone else is fit:  

Caballero

James.    Zouma.  Christensen.  Emerson.

Kovacic. Gilmour.  Mount.

Pulisic.  Michy.  CHO.

Starts for Reece and Billy (who were both brilliant last round) Emerson and Christensen to get some minutes if fit enough, with Barkley on the bench.  
Well deserved rests for Tammy, WillIan, Jorgy, Azpi, Alonso and Tomori.  Toyed with the idea of resting Mount for Barkley but think it weakens the midfield too much. 
A chance to see Captain America and Batman together too!! 

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Interested to see what team Frank puts out for this one. It’ll largely depend on the latest with those currently injured.  From his previous updates, I think it’s pretty safe to say that Rudiger, RLC and Kante are definitely out:

For the purposes of this, I’ll assume everyone else is fit:  

Caballero

James.    Zouma.  Christensen.  Emerson.

Kovacic. Gilmour.  Mount.

Pulisic.  Michy.  CHO.

Starts for Reece and Billy (who were both brilliant last round) Emerson and Christensen to get some minutes if fit enough, with Barkley on the bench.  
Well deserved rests for Tammy, WillIan, Jorgy, Azpi, Alonso and Tomori.  Toyed with the idea of resting Mount for Barkley but think it weakens the midfield too much. 
A chance to see Captain America and Batman together too!! 

This is not a priority competition and we cannot afford any more injuries. For that reason, I would be loath to play players who need a rest/are important players for the first XI. I would go with: 

Willy

James Zouma Guehi Emerson 

Kova Gilmour Barkley (if fit)

Pedro Bats CHO

Subs - Kepa, Dave, Tomori/Christensen*, Jorgi, Pully, Willian, Giroud

* I do not think Christensen is fit for this one. If he is, however, I would  be tempted to put him in ahead of Zouma. 

Edited by King Kante

From what Frank had to say in the build up to the Burnley game, I seriously doubt that any of Rudiger, Kante, Christensen or Barkley will be fit for thus one. Not sure about Emerson either tbh.

Injuries will limit our ability to rotate unfortunately, but also I think Frank would want to go quite strong here as he’ll see the chance for revenge vs United, but also the chance of his first trophy and a first trophy for this young team. Assuming Rudiger, Kante, RLC and Christensen are out, I’d go with:

Kepa

James - Zouma - Guehi - Emerson

Barkley - Kovacic

Pedro - Pulisic - CHO

Bats

I really Hope we get revenge here and put them in there place... I’d equally just take a 1-0 and go through!

chara   

Be an interesting selection and maybe depends on what sort of lineup is predicted by Manure.

I would like to see a bit more exposure at a senior level for the young keepers...Willy is probably on last season and it has been a long long time since a keeper has come through let alone prospered.

Sad news in the run-up to this with the passing of David William Balfe - writer of "Blue Is The Colour" no less - aged 74. Let's hope for a big win so it can be belted out post-match in his honour!

• Like 1

2 losses to OGS' Man Utd. I'm desperate for a big win against them tbh. 

They're a side specifically built to sit back and I would hate to see us fall for that again. 

I dont think there's a huge need to write-off competitions this year as the squad is decent in size: 3 CFs, 4 wingers, 7 midfielders counting Gilmour, 4 full backs, 4 centrebacks and the goalkeepers. 

Realistically top 4, advancing from our UCL group and 1 cup would be an outstanding first season for Frank - better than any prediction I have seen - and I think this cup is our best shot.

-----------------Abraham

Pulisic---------Mount--------- CHO

------------Gilmour-Jorginho

Alonso---Tomori--Zouma--James

----------------------Willy

Jasonb   
6 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

2 losses to OGS' Man Utd. I'm desperate for a big win against them tbh. 

They're a side specifically built to sit back and I would hate to see us fall for that again. 

I dont think there's a huge need to write-off competitions this year as the squad is decent in size: 3 CFs, 4 wingers, 7 midfielders counting Gilmour, 4 full backs, 4 centrebacks and the goalkeepers. 

Realistically top 4, advancing from our UCL group and 1 cup would be an outstanding first season for Frank - better than any prediction I have seen - and I think this cup is our best shot.

-----------------Abraham

Pulisic---------Mount--------- CHO

------------Gilmour-Jorginho

Alonso---Tomori--Zouma--James

----------------------Willy

Agree with your reasoning yet for me Gilmour and Jorginho are the same type of player, surely you need Kovacic in their for the box to box element.

chelboy   

Willy

James Zouma Guehi Emerson

Gilmour Barkley

CHO                      Pulisic

Bats    Giroud

We play Ajax 6 days after this. I don’t really want to risk Kova for this one.