• Current Donation Goals

Closer than it should have been due to the VAR jokers. Looking comfortable till then. Win should’ve been more emphatic. Missed some good chances and their keeper made some great saves. 

Jorginho and Kovacic outstanding. Pulisic and Mount had their moments. Abraham led the line well. 

Deserved the win, despite the best efforts of the officials. 

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

A windy rainy night on Halloween weekend. Should we be afraid? We will be ok...just. 2-1 to the blues with Abraham and Pulisic on the scoresheet. 

Anyway, just saying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made up my mind about VAR when Willian was booked for diving in the Norwich cup game in 2017.  The fact that someone looks at that and gives it us just a joke.

Has Sean Dyche tweeted about it?

43 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

..and the trip on Emerson? Where was var then

It was outside the box, I don't think VAR looks at those.

2 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Made up my mind about VAR when Willian was booked for diving in the Norwich cup game in 2017.  The fact that someone looks at that and gives it us just a joke.

We have had nearly 20 years of Sky proving that experts in a TV studio watching multiple repeats get it as wrong or more wrong than the ref.  Whoever expected it to be different.

30 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Phew 👏🏻

And insane that we are third only two behind Man City. Dreamland.

I almost find myself saying to Frank "hold on, we shouldn't be this good this early" 😂

Next week might be a nightmare.  We really have had a lot of easy games recently and not beaten a team in the top half.
And Watford haven't beaten a team in top half or bottom half of the current PL since March (Fulham and Huddersfield being subsequently relegated).

15 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Jorginho was clear MOTM by the way, by a mile the best player on the pitch and one of the best in the league currently 

13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Said no one ever........last season

Well I said it maybe 10 times.  Indeed he was widely thought of as motm in some of the early games.

kev61   
4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Anyway, just saying 

Azpi must have been acting the Zombie a bit too much with his kids on Thursday - he played like one tonight - what has happened to him?

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Azpi must have been acting the Zombie a bit too much with his kids on Thursday - he played like one tonight - what has happened to him?

He’s always been poor on the ball, he’s just being asked to do more with it these days. Defensively I have no idea, all at sea. 

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It was outside the box, I don't think VAR looks at those.

Well I said it maybe 10 times.  Indeed he was widely thought of as motm in some of the early games.

first bit...Mighty close, so how about a var first to check location of foul . Then how about a var  for a booking. Then how about giving vars for free kicks which could end up in back of net. 

Second bit....10 times is probably conservative, but isn't it nice to say it when deserved... ( although Zouma or Kova for me this game) .

chelboy   
4 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

He’s always been poor on the ball, he’s just being asked to do more with it these days. Defensively I have no idea, all at sea. 

Agreed. It is so easy to press him into giving it away. Just take a look at Emerson today and how hard it is to press him into giving it away. In tight spaces Emerson is so much better and this helps with the build up. Being press resistant can make a difference for full backs with how they use the ball. It gives them more angles to the game and how to play. 

19 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Second bit....10 times is probably conservative, but isn't it nice to say it when deserved... ( although Zouma or Kova for me this game) .

Indeed - I don't know what has stopped you before - or even today.
Just think how much you could have enjoyed our successes last year if only put all thoughts to one side and appreciated the play and the results.

19 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

first bit...Mighty close, so how about a var first to check location of foul . Then how about a var  for a booking. Then how about giving vars for free kicks which could end up in back of net. 

Well first you'd need some clear ground rules as to when a decision gets reviewed, and who gets to make the decision.  I don't think we'll get those for obvious reasons.
It might have been that they looked quickly, saw it was outside and moved on.  Or it might have been they saw it was Chelsea, and the man in the box decided "I'm not saying anything if the man in black isn't".  In this case we don't know.  Responsibility for the screw-ups has been obscured.

Edited by Droy was my hero

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed - I don't know what has stopped you before - or even today.
Just think how much you could have enjoyed our successes last year if only put all thoughts to one side and appreciated the play and the results.

I think what stopped me today ( and what should have stopped you) was him him giving away the pen. You think it was a pen apparently and I think it should never have been a var changed decision, but he kicked out stupidly and gave VaR a chance to give it. Plus it was Jorge faffing around in an ultra dangerous area and losing possession which led to the pen. Silly play which vetoed him for MOTM for me. You probably glossed over that. 

And the difference between last season and this? Well without wishing to state the bleedin' obvious , he made a great assist today. Last season he made none ( the only regular Chelsea player not to do so) so there's a big plus for starters.  Its early days tbh but if you really can't spot a difference between some of last seasons poor\ awful performances in midfield and today's ( penalty asside) then no debate between you and I on the subject is worthwhile having. And of course if someone was a Sarri fan then automatically and by default they were a Jorge fan. That's how  I see it anyway . Personally I 'm so pleased Sarri left and so pleased Lampard is improving Jorge performances to a good consistent level . He's had a couple of bad ones but who hasnt? Only a quarter of the season gone mind so let's wait till the near of the season and the top teams. 

Zouma MOTM  for me. Another player shown trust by Lamps who has turned into a top top player.

• Like 2