• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I think Jorginho is suspended for Palace on Saturday, so it might be a real risk to use Kante as we will need him to replace Jorginho in the Palace game.

 

Kovacic plays at the back of 3, Kante never ever has done so except in the imagination of some of the press.  There must be some interest in starting Kante though.  It could be interesting - Kovacic Gilmour and Mount may well be the only fit midfielders (assuming all survive mid-week).  Or we might find Willian or Azpi or James play as RCM.
Another interesting alternative is to play Mount as one of the main CMs and Pulisic (or ...) in the Mount role switching between 3rd CM and No 10.  But I'm not sure that Mount + Kovacic is solid enough defensively for that.  

Interesting.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kovacic plays at the back of 3, Kante never ever has done so except in the imagination of some of the press.  There must be some interest in starting Kante though.  It could be interesting - Kovacic Gilmour and Mount may well be the only fit midfielders (assuming all survive mid-week).  Or we might find Willian or Azpi or James play as RCM.
Another interesting alternative is to play Mount as one of the main CMs and Pulisic (or ...) in the Mount role switching between 3rd CM and No 10.  But I'm not sure that Mount + Kovacic is solid enough defensively for that.  

Interesting.


 

James did start some games CM for Wigan. He mostly played RB, but I think he has the game and physicality to play as the holding player in a three. I would look towards James at the back with Kovacic and Mount either side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

James did start some games CM for Wigan. He mostly played RB, but I think he has the game and physicality to play as the holding player in a three. I would look towards James at the back with Kovacic and Mount either side.

That might work, yes.  But get Ajax out of the way first.  A win pretty much clinches a last 16 place.  A loss could be tricky.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Kante fully fit and in the squad for tomorrow's match. Great news with Jorghino's suspension for the Palace game in mind.

Better pick him, or he'll run off and do a marathon somewhere and come back injured.  Keep him in cotton wool and only let him out for matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
29 minutes ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Kante fully fit and in the squad for tomorrow's match. Great news with Jorghino's suspension for the Palace game in mind.

It's the "fully fit" bit that worries me....not match fit,,but then he's not human in that respect but I really believe he will be on bench unless SFL wants to see how Jorge's suspension will look with him on the bench and Kante playing..but don't expect that..anyway have no idea what SFL plans!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Kante fully fit and in the squad for tomorrow's match. Great news with Jorghino's suspension for the Palace game in mind.

Going to be interesting to see how Kovacic sits when paired with Kante. Kovacic likes to roam as well... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be playing (injuries permitting);

                      Arrizabalaga

Azpilicueta Zouma Tomori Emerson

              Kanté Jorginho Kovacic

           Willian  Abraham  Pulisic

Subs: Caballero, Alonso, James, Gilmour, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi

It's a game we can't lose. A draw would be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
13 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I'd be playing (injuries permitting);

                      Arrizabalaga

Azpilicueta Zouma Tomori Emerson

              Kanté Jorginho Kovacic

           Willian  Abraham  Pulisic

Subs: Caballero, Alonso, James, Gilmour, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi

It's a game we can't lose. A draw would be fine. 

I would be tempted to leave out one of Kovacic or Kante, bearing in mind Jorginho's absence on Saturday.

The bonus win in Ajax means a draw isn't the end of the world here, I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A win and that's one foot in the last 16, a draw and it remains in our hands and a defeat makes it a nervy final 2 games - whatever happens, tonight, I'm still confident we'll progress.

It won't be easy and we'll obviously need our strongest team, so the decisions really depend on fitness levels - Emerson or Alonso and do you bring Kante straight back in. Clearly we have no idea how fit/match fit everyone is, but based on time out etc I would go for this, to be safe:

Kepa

Azpi - Zouma - Tomori - Alonso

Jorginho - Kovacic

Willian - Mount - Pulisic

Tammy

Subs: Caballero, James, Emerson, Kante, CHO, Bats, Giroud

The ideal would be to get Kante on for Jorginho with at least half an hour to go, to see how we'll look without Jorginho.

I think this will be 1-1, goal from Willian for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.