• Current Donation Goals

kev61   
8 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

We’ll beat Valencia away don’t worry. 

I think we are well on the road to beat anyone on our day with a fair wind.

8 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I think we are well on the road to beat anyone on our day with a fair wind.

The trouble is that the only team any good we have beaten so far just went 4-1 up at the Bridge and we only drew with them because of a double sending off + penalty.
Time to brag is after we beat City.

kev61   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

The trouble is that the only team any good we have beaten so far just went 4-1 up at the Bridge and we only drew with them because of a double sending off + penalty.
Time to brag is after we beat City.

Was I bragging? I said it would be a topsy turvy season,but I can see a plan in place - now roll out the stats that will prove your glass is half full instead of the half empty glass you hold dear.

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Was I bragging? I said it would be a topsy turvy season,but I can see a plan in place - now roll out the stats that will prove your glass is half full instead of the half empty glass you hold dear.

No - you weren't bragging.  We can brag after beating City soon, as I mentioned - if that is not being too overconfident for you.

kev61   
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No - you weren't bragging.  We can brag after beating City soon, as I mentioned - if that is not being too overconfident for you.

Sorry misinterpreted your post - it wouldn't be the first time I've done that to many posters.

Edited by kev61

Leo91   

Ajax are one of the best sides in Europe. They played Tottenham, Juventus and Madrid off the park in all of their away games last season. They are well drilled and have great team cohesion. We pressed them excellently in the first 10 minutes but that died down and van de beek started to take control.

Tonight might be the birth of James cementing his place at RB due to Alonso's utterly brain dead performance. Azpi will fill in as the back up for both flanks.

Edited by Leo91

I thought that the first half was a bloody shambles. Yes, Ajax were  very good, but we were a major disappointment, and it looked like we were in for a long night. Whatever Frank said, or did, at half time eventually got the desired response from the players. In the end, we were probably unlucky not to win the game, although that would have been harsh on the Ajax players, who gave everything they had, and for long stretches were clearly the better side. Turned out to be a fair result given everything that went on. Some cracking goals from both sides; fast end-to-end play; penalties; red cards, etc., etc.. Pretty sure that the fans at SB got their money's worth......:).

kev61   

2 teams with an average age of 25 and 2 teams that play flowing football but lack a killer instinct when it matters.

With Barcelona and Real Madrid firing on 3 cylinders this competition is wide open.Man city and Liverpool are probably favourites,but who is to say if we get out of the group stage we won't have a major say?( pie in the sky?) as will Ajax.

Leo91   

What did they actually create in open play with 11 men ? 2 goals. They created and had more shots on goal with 9. They played well but lets not get crazy here.

chara   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Now I dont want to fall out Chara but this is  correct the formation ( and in this order) :

At the bottom in defence, 2  central slices of toast with butter. Then ( in midfield if you will) a whole can of Heinz baked beans. Dont try and palm me off with Asda smart price or similar shite. Then I personally go for 2 fried runny eggs . Some prefer a loan egg up top but I prefer a pair.  My secret weapon is to sprinkle some on cheese and chuck under grill for two minutes. Its the only combo. I then tend to eat from the outside in. In the second half I tend to wash it down with a cup of tea and a four fingered KitKat.  If I'm on a diet I might go for just two choc fingers but its not quite the same as a four is it? 

Hmm...with you absolutely on the original combo....I usually only have one egg but principle is the same..now was always a Heinz man but although available here now I have got used to the Busch stuff..much stronger flavour,not better just different,...outside in?..any other way?

Kit Kat..of course...when my wife and I were reconnecting one test was how she handled Kit Kat...fortunately she passed the test...4?2?4 matter of system choice.

My wife is an excellent cook and presenter of both formal and casual dishes but is an alumni of Harrow County Grammer School for Girls and from Ruislip 

often somehow presents the beans first then the scrambled eggs....I'm think maybe this a gesture against my maybe cavalier approach to food etc...but who knows..anyway as long as the bean juice soaks the toast I'm good with it...

An honour to discuss the real issues of the world with you..