• Current Donation Goals

Phew what a relief, I was dreading my future existance at 1-4. Ajax supporters are as bad as the most irritating that England has to offer with a nice line in smug self entitlement. We did get lucky last night with an offside 2nd goal and the sendings offs/ 2nd penalty all given at once. But will happily listen to them saying how lucky we are rather than how they mullered us at home. I said when the group was drawn that we could finish in any one of the four positions. I will almost rule out 4th now with last nights results but we can certainly finish in any one ofthe first 3 positions. We badly need to beat Lille at home to give us a chance of progressing, though Europa League is no disaster either. 

17 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Phew what a relief, I was dreading my future existance at 1-4. Ajax supporters are as bad as the most irritating that England has to offer with a nice line in smug self entitlement. We did get lucky last night with an offside 2nd goal and the sendings offs/ 2nd penalty all given at once. But will happily listen to them saying how lucky we are rather than how they mullered us at home. I said when the group was drawn that we could finish in any one of the four positions. I will almost rule out 4th now with last nights results but we can certainly finish in any one ofthe first 3 positions. We badly need to beat Lille at home to give us a chance of progressing, though Europa League is no disaster either. 

Shame they werent allowed there to see it. They missed a treat!

paulw66   
1 hour ago, fillerywhereru said:

Europa would be a disaster.

Need to avoid defeat in Valencia now

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, fillerywhereru said:

I think that was the Azpi goal, I thought that would be ruled out too.

No complaints though!

17 hours ago, kev61 said:

This is a game that doesn't suit jorginho - he is a bystander

Jorginho was comfortably our best player on the night. 

Arrizabalaga was and is a disaster waiting to happen. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a top flight keeper that’s less commanding of his area. Too short, too scared to come out and it’s costing us a massive amounts of conceded goals. Simply not good enough and I don’t care what others say. Yes he can make the occasional brilliant save but as a whole he’s costing us more than what he gives. Long-term I can’t see him being the solution. 

Alonso had another shocking display and CHO continues to show flashes of Hollywood but lacking real substance. James and Pulisic coming closer to the starting XI each time these players get a chance. I think for now our best FB pairing is Emerson and Azpilicueta with James comfortably third over Alonso. But he’s breathing down Azpi’s neck. Only a matter of time now. 

chelboy   

Interesting thread on Kepa. Slightly worrying to be honest. Having a higher save percentage from inside the box than outside the box seems a little strange. 

94FBB919-93AB-4180-AB4D-67960384DF43.jpeg

677E075A-3686-4380-B8DD-5F188B88387E.jpeg

Thing with Kepa is the club have made a huge long term investment in him. I don’t see them turning their back on this investment within the first 2 years.

If he was dreadful (which he clearly isn’t) then that may be a different scenario. In terms of how GK’s mature and reach their peak, he’s still probably 5 years away from that. I think he will continue to improve and he’s an investment the club need to standby over this passage of time. Some genuine competition in the summer may help though, it’s not a slight on Cabballero , but he’s been a number two GK for 5 years plus now. An investment in a good quality number 2 can only help matters.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

58 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Jorginho was comfortably our best player on the night. 

Our best player last night by a country mile was Kova. His offensive runs are almost Essien like.  If he plays like that and adds the odd goal to his game he will be some asset to us. 

Jorginho did ok but like mount was subdued . Its not necessary to keep over egging his pudding because when he does have a fantastic game youre going to have nowhere to go and your head might just explode!! His penalty taking ( although giving me kittens) is brilliant. 

Edit: who was that idiot nutter who played for city who always rolled pens in like that.  Not sure he ever missed one. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

bert19   
38 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Our best player last night by a country mile was Kova. His offensive runs are almost Essien like.  If he plays like that and adds the odd goal to his game he will be some asset to us. 

Jorginho did ok but like mount was subdued . Its not necessary to keep over egging his pudding because when he does have a fantastic game youre going to have nowhere to go and your head might just explode!! His penalty taking ( although giving me kittens) is brilliant. 

Edit: who was that idiot nutter who played for city who always rolled pens in like that.  Not sure he ever missed one. 

Balotelli?