• Current Donation Goals

Bison   
39 minutes ago, bONes said:

Do we have any young good GKs? In our academy

We did. Bulka looked very good that one pre-season, perfect height for a keeper and strong reflexes. But he decided to move on when Chelsea spent £72m on a short goalkeeper with t-rex arms. Can't blame the lad tbf.

8 minutes ago, Bison said:

We did. Bulka looked very good that one pre-season, perfect height for a keeper and strong reflexes. But he decided to move on when Chelsea spent £72m on a short goalkeeper with t-rex arms. Can't blame the lad tbf.

That bit actually made me laugh. 

This match wasn't good for the old ticker, anymore games like this will send me to an early grave!  Seriously though, great comeback after being 4-1 down, the  players' heads could have easily dropped, but they just kept going.  I think we will go through, I wasn't that impressed with Valencia even though they won the first, and they are nowhere near as good as Ajax.  And Lille are the poorest side in the group.  And Frank certainly seems to have a magic touch with his subsitutions, he rightly hooked Alonso and switched Azpilicueta to left back and put the impressive James at right back.  All we need now is a win in Valencia.

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Edited by blueandproud

Ham   
15 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I thought that the first half was a bloody shambles. Yes, Ajax were  very good, but we were a major disappointment, and it looked like we were in for a long night. Whatever Frank said, or did, at half time eventually got the desired response from the players. In the end, we were probably unlucky not to win the game, although that would have been harsh on the Ajax players, who gave everything they had, and for long stretches were clearly the better side. 

Were they?

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Jorginho was comfortably our best player on the night. 

Not for the first time in the past few weeks, this claim is untrue.  Kovacic was different class.

His dribbles/turns to evade opposition players are Hazardesque. Wonderful player at the very top of his game.

Looking like a bargain.

6 hours ago, Ham said:

Were they?

Well in my opinion, yes they were. One assumes from this reply, that you don't share this opinion?  As they say in the classics: Each to his own.

6 hours ago, Ham said:

Not for the first time in the past few weeks, this claim is untrue.  Kovacic was different class.

His dribbles/turns to evade opposition players are Hazardesque. Wonderful player at the very top of his game.

Looking like a bargain.

Whereever I look, Jorginho was rated our best or in the top two by independent observers. 

Not for the first time previous critics of Jorginho continues to unjustly play down his performances. 

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Looking like a bargain.

Nowhere near as good as Jorginho in Jorginho's role.  Nowhere near as good as Kante in Kante's role.  In that sense, yes, different class.
As good as Barkley in Barkley's role (but well short of Mount).
He is a good guy to have as back up.

Hazardesque!!  It is one thing to sprint away from a guy who commits himself to a tackle.  Quite another to sprint towards a player and then past him when he just needs to stop you from going in one specific direction.