• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30, Saturday, 9th November, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

From what we know, Mount, RLC, Rudiger, Jorginho all unavailable for this one, which means the team pretty much picks itself other than maybe the full-backs - does James start, if so does Azpi move to LB or does Emerson start?

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Azpi

Kante Kovacic

Willian Pulisic CHO

Tammy

Subs: Willy, Christensen, Emerson, Barkley, Pedro, Bats, Giroud

I say it every season, but with so many Palace supporting mates, I hate this fixture and Palace always seem to have the game of their lives against us. Please win boys!

11 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

From what we know, Mount, RLC, Rudiger, Jorginho all unavailable for this one, which means the team pretty much picks itself other than maybe the full-backs - does James start, if so does Azpi move to LB or does Emerson start?

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Azpi

Kante Kovacic

Willian Pulisic CHO

Tammy

Subs: Willy, Christensen, Emerson, Barkley, Pedro, Bats, Giroud

I say it every season, but with so many Palace supporting mates, I hate this fixture and Palace always seem to have the game of their lives against us. Please win boys!

Reece James probably deserves a start after his midweek performance. I just think he might be a better option from the bench in this game.

Palace do try and block up the pitch away from home, they are typically well organised Hodgson team. I suspect we will need to switch play quick to break them down, certainly if we dont score in the first 20mins and their confidence grows in the game. I think because we are likely gonna have to switch from right to left to try and open them up, ideally you want as much natural balance as possible and if we got James right and Azpi left, then it will likely slow everything down on the left side as Azpi is not going to confidently attack down his left without wanting to come inside.

I think James will be a really useful option off the bench if needed here. It might mean Azpi has to get subbed if we are struggling to break them down. I think I would start with Azpi and Emerson here though. I have a feeling Frank might go with James though and Azpi left back.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

I think Alonso should do the same as Azpi.  Hang back and only get forward really late if there is a great attack the other side and all but a single oppo striker have gone back to cover.  He'd be absolutely brilliant and almost never get accused of being caught out.

Unless of course the manager is telling him to take those risks.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think Alonso should do the same as Azpi.  Hang back and only get forward really late if there is a great attack the other side and all but a single oppo striker have gone back to cover.  He'd be absolutely brilliant and almost never get accused of being caught out.

Unless of course the manager is telling him to take those risks.

Yeah, this would make sense but I reckon he gets told to go forward because he is pretty much our most dangerous player outside of the CF's and AM's (Mount is kind of a CM/AM hybrid.) Personally, I am an Alonso supporter but his lack of speed/recovery is being seriously exploited atm so I cannot see him starting. 

Anyway, this game will be interesting as Palace are no mugs and will look to take us into the deep water by holding out for the first 60 minutes. For me, I think Emerson will start and James may make an appearance depending on how the game is going. My team would be as follows: 

Kepa

Dave Tomori Zouma Emerson

Kante Kova Barkley 

Willian Tammy Puli 

Subs: Willy James Christensen Pedro CHO Bats Giroud

Mount in the England squad, so maybe he'll be fit for some minutes this weekend, if he isn't fit for this weekend I would hope he doesn't get played by England.

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Mount in the England squad, so maybe he'll be fit for some minutes this weekend, if he isn't fit for this weekend I would hope he doesn't get played by England.

And Kante is going to be picked by France if you listen to DD. 

Azpili's stamina has to be amazing. He plays almost every single game. You wouldn't be able to tell either as he looks laboured during games but then he is again in the starting 11 the next game and quite clearly is brilliant in training in between games as well.

As for Reece James, he's in a tough spot. He's up against the captain and its going to take something huge to get into the starting 11. 

I would go with:

Kepa, Emerson, Tomori, Rudiger, Azpili, Barkley (if fit), Kante, Kovacic, Willian, Pulisic and Abraham.

Jasonb   
1 minute ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Rudiger's out for another three weeks after having groin surgery on Monday.

Wow that is a shame.