• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 0

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Oh and well done Chelsea - we finally beat a top 10 team.

You seem to think thats relevant. I stand to be corrected, but did we not only beat 2 teams that finished in the top ten last season?  After just 12 games we are half way to last years total. I think we will get there. 

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I stand to be corrected, 

Indeed it is almost your permanent position

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

, but did we not only beat 2 teams that finished in the top ten last season? 

4 teams.    And 11 wins against bottom 10 teams.

But my point is that we may well struggle in the games we have yet to play against top 10 teams.  So thanks for pointing out how we struggled last year against the best.

Ham   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

As arrogant and patronising as ever.  

You do realise that this is a forum for fellow Chelsea fans don't you? 

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm thinking of the performance, not the score.  Losing a closely fought match would be a positive.  

A positive, yes, but we got battered last year and went on to finish top 4 and win the Europa League - a very solid season. 

Even if we lose 6-0 against City, its more the reaction to that defeat IMO. As long as the club holds it together and we finish top 4, even if we suffer a defeat like that, this season can only be viewed as a success.

I'm not going to view the City performance as any sort of a gauge. Its all about if this squad exceeds expectations (top 4 and a UCL knockout tie would be excellent).

As pointed out, this team already ran Liverpool close in the Super Cup as well as the league game at SB.

kev61   

I watched the second half on tv in brussels - blimey where to start - I don't want to get carried away like I did under Sarri and then wished I hadn't opened my gob,but this team is exciting all over the pitch,it is because of one man that sees the bigger picture.

We are at least the third best team in the league,a massive leap forward,Leicester are punching way above their weight again and could finish in the top four.I usually get worried coming into the Christmas period but I am quietly confident we will come out the other end at least where we are now.

kev61   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

4 teams.    And 11 wins against bottom 10 teams.

But my point is that we may well struggle in the games we have yet to play against top 10 teams.  So thanks for pointing out how we struggled last year against the best.

Why do you constantly  take the piss? - you remind me of Jacob Rees - mog,full of statistics and the personality of an undertaker - lighten up lad!

Leo91   

One thing I will say is Sarri actually had two more pts at this stage last year. We capitulated after Spurs away at the end of November. December and January are huge months. 

Nobody could see this coming. This Chelsea side is so far making a mockery of common football wisdom. Playing this well this early with two of our best players out for so long (Rudiger and Kante) with unproven players in key positions. Very very impressive. 

Kovacic is looking like a different beast, just as I said he would be before the season. Not surprised and long may in continue. 

Our record against the top teams may not end up looking good, but that may not be such a bad thing. It seems Lampard is refusing to play the sensible cynical game against the top teams in order to develop a team that he wants to achieve greater things in the long run. That means growing pains with humiliating and frustrating results. I’m sure he could play it more safe but I really think he understands that in order to be more than “good”, in order to become European elite, you have to sacrifice for growth. He could probably get 5 or 6 points more by being more cynical but he would lose 11 or 12 points next season by doing so. Think big. 

9 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Isn't that what we did against Liverpool. Twice in fact this season. Just going into a big game knowing we're going to try and play football rather than revert to type of the past 15 years sitting back inviting on pressure is a huge win on its own.

Noticed Frank shown standing on the sidelines urging the team to keep up the pace immediately after Tammy's goal, and again 5 minutes later, he really doesn't want us sitting back. His half time team talks seem to be effective as well.