• Current Donation Goals

57 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Nobody could see this coming. This Chelsea side is so far making a mockery of common football wisdom. Playing this well this early with two of our best players out for so long (Rudiger and Kante) with unproven players in key positions. Very very impressive. 

Kovacic is looking like a different beast, just as I said he would be before the season. Not surprised and long may in continue. 

Our record against the top teams may not end up looking good, but that may not be such a bad thing. It seems Lampard is refusing to play the sensible cynical game against the top teams in order to develop a team that he wants to achieve greater things in the long run. That means growing pains with humiliating and frustrating results. I’m sure he could play it more safe but I really think he understands that in order to be more than “good”, in order to become European elite, you have to sacrifice for growth. He could probably get 5 or 6 points more by being more cynical but he would lose 11 or 12 points next season by doing so. Think big. 

City have the ability to tonk us 4-0 as we all know. If that happens, everyone should bear this post in mind, no knee jerk rantings. Just this.

16 hours ago, Ham said:

On a side note, anyone see the joke of a VAR decision to disallow the Sheffield United goal?  Put the lines in completely the wrong places otherwise it's a clear goal.  Shambles.

Can see this has received some traction in the media. Where was the criticism when we had a similar situation against Liverpool? 

VAR is ruining the game. I didn’t even celebrate Abraham’s goal yesterday as I was sure it would be subject to VAR... The joy of celebrating a goal has been stolen from the fans. 

Rob B   
29 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

VAR is ruining the game. I didn’t even celebrate Abraham’s goal yesterday as I was sure it would be subject to VAR... The joy of celebrating a goal has been stolen from the fans. 

Exactly the same - when Tammy score I just sat there, emotionless, waiting for them to review the goal (as I knew it was tight) and by the time half a minute has gone by the elation of the initial goal has passed. 

I was in favour of VAR initially because I thought it would bring more correct decisions overall, but I just want it gone now.

1 hour ago, Bridge Soldier said:

I'm really not sure Leicester are punching above their weight at this point to be honest. Their starting XI is amongst the best in the league.

I agree. I think they are one of the best teams in the league at the moment. Vardy, Tielemans, Chilwell, Nditi and Maddison are/looking like they will be top players and then after that they have players like Perreria, Schmicheal, Soyuncu and Barnes that are playing very well. I have said it elsewhere but if they get CL this season then invest well again they could become a premenant top 6 side. It is also why I see Chilwell as unrealistic as they will just demand £70m+ or something ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, Leo91 said:

One thing I will say is Sarri actually had two more pts at this stage last year. We capitulated after Spurs away at the end of November. December and January are huge months. 

Indeed. The team are currently playing very well but we are going to enter the deep water soon. I say this because from late Nov to March there is no international break and the games start coming thick and fast. Obviously, no one can be anything other than impressed thus far but it is still early doors and bigger challenges await. 

24 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Exactly the same - when Tammy score I just sat there, emotionless, waiting for them to review the goal (as I knew it was tight) and by the time half a minute has gone by the elation of the initial goal has passed. 

I was in favour of VAR initially because I thought it would bring more correct decisions overall, but I just want it gone now.

I am a VAR advocate but I agree a few things need changing, in particular the refs need to start going to the monitor as they do in every other frigging country. 

On offside, I am also surprised that there is not some sort of technology out there that works like hawkeye for the goals. If that were to exist it would make everything so much easier. 

kev61   
3 hours ago, Bridge Soldier said:

I'm really not sure Leicester are punching above their weight at this point to be honest. Their starting XI is amongst the best in the league.

You say this after the affect - no -one would have thought they would be in the running again - so they are a team we didn't see on our radar?

19 minutes ago, kev61 said:

You say this after the affect - no -one would have thought they would be in the running again - so they are a team we didn't see on our radar?

Most of their very good 22 year olds were very good 21 year olds last season.  I think we knew they were on the up.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I agree. I think they are one of the best teams in the league at the moment. Vardy, Tielemans, Chilwell, Nditi and Maddison are/looking like they will be top players and then after that they have players like Perreria, Schmicheal, Soyuncu and Barnes that are playing very well. I have said it elsewhere but if they get CL this season then invest well again they could become a premenant top 6 side. It is also why I see Chilwell as unrealistic as they will just demand £70m+ or something ridiculous. 

The ones I have highlighted I think are top class.  They really do have a lot of talent.  And a lot of good attitude.  Rogers has got lucky.  And their board seems very smart.  Great rebuild after a wonderful 2016, and clever rotation of managers.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Most of their very good 22 year olds were very good 21 year olds last season.  I think we knew they were on the up.

The ones I have highlighted I think are top class.  They really do have a lot of talent.  And a lot of good attitude.  Rogers has got lucky.  And their board seems very smart.  Great rebuild after a wonderful 2016, and clever rotation of managers.

Yeah definitely right man at the right time regarding Rodgers. He’s a very good manager, even though he comes across as a Sales Director from a blue chip organisation. 

He knew it was perfect time to take this role. It wouldn’t have been easy to leave Celtic and I think Leicester is the only club outside the top 6 who he would have left for in England.

They have good quality time in some  squad areas too with the likes of Gray, Praet, Albrighton. Where they will run into issues is if they lose Vardy for a few games as they lack  suitable alternative options for this role.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

kev61   
57 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yeah definitely right man at the right time regarding Rodgers. He’s a very good manager, even though he comes across as a Sales Director from a blue chip organisation. 

He knew it was perfect time to take this role. It wouldn’t have been easy to leave Celtic and I think Leicester is the only club outside the top 6 who he would have left for in England.

They have good quality time in some  squad areas too with the likes of Gray, Praet, Albrighton. Where they will run into issues is if they lose Vardy for a few games as they lack  suitable alternative options for this role.

Ffs listen to yourselves! you are posting after what you know now!!

27 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Ffs listen to yourselves! you are posting after what you know now!!

I’m not sure you have been watching or listening Kev.

Every bookie had them listed as the first team in their book, other than the big 6 . The only surprise element in their team is Soyuncu for Maguire and bring Barnes back from loan at WBA. The others all proved last season how good they were.

So they were clearly regarded as 7th  best at worst. Spurs have under performed, Arsenal a mess and Utd still going through big changes. So it’s not mind altering that at least 7th best can soon become top 4 is it.

Just you clearly been sleeping on them. It’s not hindsight, just understanding good footballers and managers.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed it is almost your permanent position

4 teams.    And 11 wins against bottom 10 teams.

But my point is that we may well struggle in the games we have yet to play against top 10 teams.  So thanks for pointing out how we struggled last year against the best.

I know we beat Arsenal second game and then City ( although they then stuffed us 6 -0 on the return) but who were the 2 other teams out of interest? 

And absolutely no problem at all for me pointing out how we struggled against the best last season. No need to thank me at all. In fact thank YOU for highlighting the issue this season,  as I'm sure you will continue to do should we eventually start losing the odd game.