• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 0

12 hours ago, Leo91 said:

One thing I will say is Sarri actually had two more pts at this stage last year. We capitulated after Spurs away at the end of November. December and January are huge months. 

Around this time we were actually joint top with City and Pool. We then finished 25 and 26 points behind them so it just shows how things can turn. Although the difference for me is that we were rather flattered by our points total this time last season with some slightly fortunate results. This term I think we are about where we deserve to be. 

JaneB   
On 09/11/2019 at 0:23 AM, blue moon said:

Seconded. Taking daughter to England v Germany ladies tomorrow. Torn.

What a nice Dad!!  Thank goodness we had a better result :-)

On 09/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, Lump Of Celery said:

I trust you will be sitting in the chelsea end Jane, didn't you say her hubby is a palace fan?

Crikey you've got a good memory!!  He didn't come and if he had have done, no way would he have been sitting with us!

Just a few random thoughts, I'll leave the technicalities to those who know more on here.

Couldn't believe how good Reece James was.  What a brave call by Frank to leave Azpi out but what else was he to do on this evidence.

Very flat at half time but two wonderful goals, although as someone else said on here I think, I'm always waiting for VAR to disallow our goals.  Not sure about Willian as captain but I guess it was a case of *needs must*.  I felt more confident in Zouma than I have of late and it was of course great to see Kante back.

So good to see all the team spirit that exists and the best thing, apart from the win obviously, Frank always coming out to applaud the supporters after the match.  I know it's soppy but such mutual love and respect.  It might all go pear shaped but nothing better than having this man back as our manager.  How we missed that connection last season.

(PS.  Just watching Liv v City, and in the studio wow Jose is back to looking his best ;-)  All those nice Liverpool fans booing Sterling every time he touches the ball and I hope Stones and Walker are still arguing with each other when we play them. Liverpool have been better obviously, but dare I say it, slightly 'fortunate')      

Edited by JaneB

10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Slightly 'fortunate')      

Robbed City blind in the first half.

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed it is almost your permanent position

... And being a bit of a twit seems to be your permanent go to position of late :)

JaneB   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Well yes exactly but now they've scored another and City's defence are awful.  

Leo91   
7 hours ago, King Kante said:

I am a VAR advocate but I agree a few things need changing, in particular the refs need to start going to the monitor as they do in every other frigging country. 

Bad idea imo. The on pitch official has a tough enough job as it is without going to a screen in the heat of the moment pressured by home fans players to come to a decision. Leave it to a ''Television match official''. 

21 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well yes exactly but now they've scored another and City's defence are awful.  

Hope they remember this performance for a long time. And reproduce it in two weeks’ time.

43 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What a nice Dad!!  Thank goodness we had a better result :-) 

Well, the result for us did keep us warm while the weather and the England performance froze us half to death.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

And second.  Reminds me when we were good and refs were this bad every week.  
Liverpool playing with a freedom of refs which reminds me of Vidic and Ferdinand at their worst.

And is anyone going to mention their constant booing of every oppo pass.  I get booing sterling, I don't get booing every city pass in the game.  And I don't get why it is verboten to mention it in the commentary.

JaneB   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And second.  Reminds me when we were good and refs were this bad every week.  
Liverpool playing with a freedom of refs which reminds me of Vidic and Ferdinand at their worst.

And is anyone going to mention their constant booing of every oppo pass.  I get booing sterling, I don't get booing every city pass in the game.  And I don't get why it is verboten to mention it in the commentary.

I'm sure you do 'get' why it isn't mentioned in the commentary Droy ❤️