• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 2 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City  at Etihad Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday 23rd November, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

This one is a tricky one... I’d be slightly surprised if Lampard didn’t revert to a more conventional 433 with;

Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Tomori, Emerson; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Willian, Abraham, Pulisic

Makes sense to try and play a more robust game in the middle of the park against City away from home. Will be interesting to see how we end up here! 

41 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

This one is a tricky one... I’d be slightly surprised if Lampard didn’t revert to a more conventional 433 with;

Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Tomori, Emerson; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Willian, Abraham, Pulisic

Makes sense to try and play a more robust game in the middle of the park against City away from home. Will be interesting to see how we end up here! 

Yeah, be interested to see SFL's tactics for this one as so far this season he has been highly flexible with formations playing 433/4231/343. 

For me this game will be a bit of an acid test for the team, if they do well and get any sort of result or are able to play like they did against Liverpool, it would be absolutely massive. If they capitulate and we get another Utd away, it could give a lot of other teams clear indications on how to attack us and it could knock our confidence and doubly so if we do not get a result in Span following this one. 

It is too early to put together a team as we do not know the fitness levels of players but hopefully we do not suffer any injuries over the upcoming break. 

5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I think that will  be the team with the exception of Mount for Pulisic. Although it may be a bit harsh on Pulisic I think if it's a straight choice between him and Mount then Lampard picks Mount every time. 

This will be a difficult game for sure. But I feel the squad is in such a good place it won't be the biggest deal if we lose. So I hope we go into the game with some confidence. They haven't looked like the team last season defensively and I really think we can hurt them. It'd be lovely to pay them back for last season.

My only worry is if we are sloppy defensively. With Aguero, De Bruyne, Sterling, etc... that could be rather embarrassing. I don't think that will happen though.

Bison   

Maybe a game to play 5 at the back? Azpi can play RCB with Reece James & Emerson keeping their places.

18 minutes ago, Bison said:

Maybe a game to play 5 at the back? Azpi can play RCB with Reece James & Emerson keeping their places.

Yes I think it has to enter consideration. We have played 3-4-3 and it didn’t impact our attacking threat too much.

Kante could be the conundrum for this game. He didn’t look right against Palace to me. That was about 60% of the Kante we know. Maybe it’s because we didn’t need much more in a game we could dominate, but that Kante that played on Saturday I would leave on the bench. If we play 433 then Kante plays of fit. 

chelboy   
8 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

var doing it's very best to make sure the dippers beat City. 

Agree that was a clear pen. Still not seen the replay for Salah goal which looked tight. Interesting how they figured out that one within seconds but Sheffield decision took 3 mins. 

Also got to start questioning why refs dont use the monitor on the side. If he uses that he sees it’s a clear pen. 

Edited by chelboy