• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 2 Chelsea 1

37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Liverpool finally winning the league is the story they want and SKY are probably salivating at the prospect of an all day event , culminating with a procession around the city for "the people's champions ".

While at the same time, non-Pool fans everywhere are hoping it goes to the last but one match of the season, and Chelsea p*** on their parade yet again. “Que sera, Salah, he fell on his ... etc..” Too much to ask, maybe, but I’ve always been a glass half-full type of guy.

chara   

This is getting ridiculous....push on Sterling..no check...clear handball..no check..and in front of ref...

But of course it can go both ways.......like a one way street...

chara   

I thought var was there to clear up the sort of stuff let go today?

For the table it's good to see Chelsea above Citeh but I don't see any way Liverpud can miss out on the title....13 man side? 

JaneB   
5 minutes ago, chara said:

I thought var was there to clear up the sort of stuff let go today?

For the table it's good to see Chelsea above Citeh but I don't see any way Liverpud can miss out on the title....13 man side? 

Nor do I regrettably 🙄

But as my daughter (her again, sorry) said to me a few weeks back, maybe it would be better for them to finally win it, get it out the way and then we can all get on with our lives. It will be unbearable but then it pretty much is already. The only thing that makes it slightly less so is SSG no longer being there.

5 hours ago, JaneB said:

Nor do I regrettably 🙄

But as my daughter (her again, sorry) said to me a few weeks back, maybe it would be better for them to finally win it, get it out the way and then we can all get on with our lives. It will be unbearable but then it pretty much is already. The only thing that makes it slightly less so is SSG no longer being there.

Its not over. Absolutely not. Its far too early in the season to say that.  Today was a blow and it highlights how easy it is for VAR officials to bend the rules and influence games . If that kind of fraud continues,  the season is done and dusted.  However they can't get away with that every game... and Pool will drop points and they will get injuries. Our squad will be back to full strength soon. Maybe it will be up to us to head the chasing pack.

Sciatika   

They have a very tight fixture schedule in December as well as the usual Xmas. That will lead to fatigue (and related injuries). They don't have a hugely deep squad. It's a long shot, but it is far from over.

8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Its not over. Absolutely not. Its far too early in the season to say that.  Today was a blow and it highlights how easy it is for VAR officials to bend the rules and influence games . If that kind of fraud continues,  the season is done and dusted.  However they can't get away with that every game... and Pool will drop points and they will get injuries. Our squad will be back to full strength soon. Maybe it will be up to us to head the chasing pack.

They have already gained 5+points fr highly questionable VAR decisions. 

If this continues it will be impossible to stop them. It’s like playing against 12 men. 

paulw66   
9 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I'd love to share your optimism, but can you honestly not see how the refs and VAR are going to make impossible for anyone to catch them....... drawing at home to Leicester? Just flop in the area and we'll give a pen; Chelsea equalise against you? The chap's toe was offside about 10 passes earlier; stop a City cross with your arm in the area? Shush, dont worry about it, play on; score a goal in the same game that is marginally offisde? Don't worry, we'll use an image from just before the ball is struck to make it look onside. 

Has a single VAR decision gone against Liverpool yet? 

paulw66   
15 hours ago, JaneB said:

Nor do I regrettably 🙄

Sadly, I can relate to this. It is 11 November, Liverpool are top and are getting every VAR decision going their way. I have got until May to get used to the idea they have won it. I suggest everyone else starts to find their own inner peace now......... 

Jasonb   

This game now becomes very important for City, it is not about winning the league yet more about deciding who is going to be chasing the leaders.

You would expect a backlash.