• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 2 Chelsea 1

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

This game now becomes very important for City, it is not about winning the league yet more about deciding who is going to be chasing the leaders.

You would expect a backlash.

In a way, I am glad there is a break now. Didn't want to play them a few days after their defeat 

27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'd love to share your optimism, but can you honestly not see how the refs and VAR are going to make impossible for anyone to catch them....... drawing at home to Leicester? Just flop in the area and we'll give a pen; Chelsea equalise against you? The chap's toe was offside about 10 passes earlier; stop a City cross with your arm in the area? Shush, dont worry about it, play on; score a goal in the same game that is marginally offisde? Don't worry, we'll use an image from just before the ball is struck to make it look onside. 

Has a single VAR decision gone against Liverpool yet? 

They had a goal disallowed at Villa two weeks back when 1-0 down at the time. Similar to the one that went for them yesterday.

I think there is a general benefit of the doubt that goes their way at times, more than most clubs. I still think some of the stuff I have read on here regarding biased towards them is a touch over the top.

They did get lucky though, that is a penalty and we all know goals change games. They got lucky with a double swing in their favour. I got no real issue with salah goal, I just don’t think we should be ruling out goals like this. I said the same for Ajax at their place and the Sheff Utd one on Saturday was a disgrace.

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

They had a goal disallowed at Villa two weeks back when 1-0 down at the time. Similar to the one that went for them yesterday.

I think there is a general benefit of the doubt that goes their way at times, more than most clubs. I still think some of the stuff I have read on here regarding biased towards them is a touch over the top.

They did get lucky though, that is a penalty and we all know goals change games. They got lucky with a double swing in their favour. I got no real issue with salah goal, I just don’t think we should be ruling out goals like this. I said the same for Ajax at their place and the Sheff Utd one on Saturday was a disgrace.

But that's the problem......some of them are being disallowed, some are not. I agree with you, I wouldn't rule out the Salah goal, the Sheff Utd goal, the Firmino goal, and the Azpi goal v Liverpool......... but if you are going to rule out every goal where they guy is an inch offside, then you have to do it across the board (or not at all)

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

But that's the problem......some of them are being disallowed, some are not. I agree with you, I wouldn't rule out the Salah goal, the Sheff Utd goal, the Firmino goal, and the Azpi goal v Liverpool......... but if you are going to rule out every goal where they guy is an inch offside, then you have to do it across the board (or not at all)

I completely agree. There is no excuse and need for that word ‘subjective ‘. It’s all or nothing and any excuse they throw up is just really lame. If they took an all or nothing approach, people might not agree with it, but everyone knows where they stand.

chara   

I have no problem with the three goals stand alone viewing. All cracking goals if we are honest BUT.....first should never have been at that end of the field rather the Scousers should have been trudging back to the ko after going one down at home and all that entails.

Salah may or may not have been offside but it was a well worked and deserved goal.

We all can look back at many games that were swung one way by an officiating error..Frank v Germany?....and on....VAR is spoiling the game rather than expanding it.... any true offside decisions missed by the ref should be picked up immediately..not three minutes later. The "spirit" or lack of it of a decision is what all fans look for and however grudgingly accept.

In a game like yesterday that first goal was the game changer....the days of hand/arm contact obviously not intentional are over.....two wrongs etc ..a hand control of the ball in the area is a penalty anywhere but the Liverpool goal area it seems...

I forecast..you read it here...we will suffer an injustice via VAR at Citeh.....Chelsea and Leicester are this seasons early upstarts and it's a two horse race for the media with Liverpool at last getting the title beating citeh for their just reward unfairly kept from them for 30 years.

And..no I'm not a cynic!!..(Still believe in Tinkerbell.)

56 minutes ago, chara said:

I forecast..you read it here...we will suffer an injustice via VAR at Citeh.

I'm expecting just the opposite.  Clearly the refs are favouring Liverpool and are out to make City suffer.  I don't think we matter anymore, indeed reffing for us over past few years has probably improved (though not neutral yet).

If we get an injustice it will be more about PMGOL trying to make up for their embarrassment this week than about us.

btw I was checking up on penalty stats for 2015/16.  See if you can work out what day JM got sacked!
image.png.f14c10a954f1e41c5461460fb0146741.png

chara   

Thanks Droy..that's what I meant a rebound from the embarrassment of yesterday rather than anti Chelsea although I still detect a hint of the old Chelsea bias almost in the dna of officials!

What seems to have improved dramatically in our game is the ability of our players to switch play from one side to the other with long raking 50 yard balls. The accuracy of many of these passes is excellent and it seems that many of our players have this 4 iron club in their bag. Zouma, Tomorri, CHO , Mount are just a unexpected candidates few who are pinging these balls around at will.  It dramatically speeds play up and its great to see.  

• Like 1

chara   
25 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

What seems to have improved dramatically in our game is the ability of our players to switch play from one side to the other with long raking 50 yard balls. The accuracy of many of these passes is excellent and it seems that many of our players have this 4 iron club in their bag. Zouma, Tomorri, CHO , Mount are just a unexpected candidates few who are pinging these balls around at will.  It dramatically speeds play up and its great to see.  

Well spotted....suspect just the DL Hollywood ones were noted in the past...looked great but rarely amounted to anything..bit different now..love to see play switched from one wing to another..happy days.

58 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

What seems to have improved dramatically in our game is the ability of our players to switch play from one side to the other with long raking 50 yard balls.

Chicken and Egg.   To play those wide balls you need to have players out wide unmarked.  To do that you have to dominate the midfield, draf the oppo WM and FBs in narrow.  And to do that you have to dominate the midfield and win all the 50/50s.  

So well done the players for both dominating the midfield, and taking advantage of the fact by moving it out wide so effectively.