• Current Donation Goals

LeBoeufsGolfBall

5 Chelsea Questions

chara   

This a far more thought provoking subject than appears at first look.

Not the "All Time Best " etc but far more personal.

Been thinking it through and I am a bit at loss as to where to start as from my early days there is a select eleven..a "middle years" eleven..a modern'ish eleven plus era answers to the other questions.

Will complete later but first Chelsea hero is easy...Doc's kids running out of the oldsecond division..the team qualifies BUT..Bonetti/Shellito definitive. PC was the best over the years but The Cat was something ..at Highbury with John Phillips in goal. From an Arse fan.."You haven't got Bonetti in goal to save you!"..out of the mouth of babes!.

For all the talk of Kepa can't and PC could watching The Cat in his prime was watching almost poetry in motion his taking of crosses was a thing to watch

Shellito?...but for injury he would have been at Wembley in '66..ask George Cohen..he said it too.

Sciatika   
3 hours ago, McCreadie said:

3 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Drosgoodixon

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Good player 

Had a bit of everything.

First Chelsea Hero - Osgood

Signing That Excited Me The Most - Gullit

Player Wished We Signed - Boniek (Polish superstar of the late 70s and 80s)

Favourite Goal -  Drogba's equaliser in Munich

Lifetime Eleven 

Bonetti 

Gallas  Terry.  Desailly.  Cole 

Kante Wilkins

Lampard

Hazard.     Drogba.   Nevin

Tried to include a special  player from every era over the past 50 years who regularly did the business and put joy in my heart (and still does)

(Special mention to Zola, Azpi, Ivan, Makelele, Eidur and Ossie)

First Chelsea hero , Butch 

Most exciting signing Ricardo Carvalho 

Player I wished we'd signed Johan Cruyff (there were rumours)

Favourite goal , Torres in the Camp Nou 

Lifetime Eleven 

Bonetti

Ferrer , Carvalho , Terry , Cole 

Essien , Poyet , Lamps , 

Gudjohnsen Drogba , Osgood .

JaneB   

Mine are 100% non-scientific, random and ridiculous as you would expect.

First Chelsea hero - difficult to say without showing my age ;-)

Most exciting signing(s) - Ruud Gullit, Mark Hughes, Ashley Cole, Fernando Torres and Cesc Fabregas.  Strangely enough at the time I wasn't the least excited about signing Zola, Lampard or Carvalho.  (Special mention for Mark Schwarzer, yes really, I loved him)

Player I wished we'd signed - well if I can't have Cristiano Ronaldo then, rather mischievously, Steven Gerrard.  Would love to have seen how that would have played out...…

Favourite goal(s) - Any goal by Zola, Mark Hughes's goal v Liverpool in the FA Cup, Frank's penalty v Liverpool, Hazard's goal v Arsenal when he left the defender on the floor, Poyet's volley, Frank's goals v Bolton and when he broke the record at Aston Villa, THAT penalty by Drogba………..this just runs and runs.

Lifetime eleven - Impossible to call because I would have to have all of the following - Cech, Terry, Carvalho, Ashley Cole, Ferreira, Luiz, Lampard, Drogba, Wise, Hazard, Kante, Gullit, Essien, Zola, Hughes, Mata, Fabregas, Gudjohnsen………….and so it goes on.    

chara   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

ThMine are 100% non-scientific, random and ridiculous as you would expect.

First Chelsea hero - difficult to say without showing my age ;-)

Most exciting signing(s) - Ruud Gullit, Mark Hughes, Ashley Cole, Fernando Torres and Cesc Fabregas.  Strangely enough at the time I wasn't the least excited about signing Zola, Lampard or Carvalho.  (Special mention for Mark Schwarzer, yes really, I loved him)

Player I wished we'd signed - well if I can't have Cristiano Ronaldo then, rather mischievously, Steven Gerrard.  Would love to have seen how that would have played out...…

Favourite goal(s) - Any goal by Zola, Mark Hughes's goal v Liverpool in the FA Cup, Frank's penalty v Liverpool, Hazard's goal v Arsenal when he left the defender on the floor, Poyet's volley, Frank's goals v Bolton and when he broke the record at Aston Villa, THAT penalty by Drogba………..this just runs and runs.

Lifetime eleven - Impossible to call because I would have to have all of the following - Cech, Terry, Carvalho, Ashley Cole, Ferreira, Luiz, Lampard, Drogba, Wise, Hazard, Kante, Gullit, Essien, Zola, Hughes, Mata, Fabregas, Gudjohnsen………….and so it goes on.    

Thank you Jane for expressing the problems most of us have choosing one player in every category and a team of only eleven!

So far I have changed my answers at least a dozen times!...only The Cat is settled in the eleven!

• Haha 1

jangz   

First Chelsea Hero: Super Frank Lampard

Club Signing That Excited You The Most: Ballack.. to think we had signed up a midfield of Essien, SFL and Ballack.. best in the world football IMO at the time

Opposition Player You Wish Chelsea Signed: While CR7 would be obvious but he was a bit of unkown for me at the time.. the two players we were linked with but never really signed and had me wishing were Dani Alves and Tevez.. hard to separate the two but I believe Dani Alves would have won us at least one more UCl

Favourite Chelsea Goal:  has to be one between Ramires vs Barca, Droba vs Munich or SFL vs Pool with an honorble mentions for Demba Ba vs Pool and Hazard vs Spurs for 2-2 /Hazard vs Arsenal last season at the bridge.. 

Fav XI:

Cech

Azpi Terry Desailly Cole

Essien 

Lamps Kante

Robben                 Hazard

Drogba

Edited by jangz

Bison   

First Chelsea Hero: Obvious one but it was Zola.

Club Signing That Excited You The Most: Crespo. He has such a big name and was widely recognised as one of the world's best strikers.

Opposition Player You Wish Chelsea Signed: Modric back in 2011.

Favourite Chelsea Goal: Gudjonsen vs Leeds, Lampard vs Bayern, Drogba vs Everton and & Drogba vs Bayern.

Your Lifetime Chelsea Eleven:

Cech

Gallas - Desailly - Terry - Cole

Essien - Makele - Lampard

Robben - Drogba - Hazard

ChAoS   

Chelsea Hero: Zola

Club Signing That Excited You The Most: Sheva

Opposition Player You Wish Chelsea have signed: Aguero 

Favourite Chelsea Goal: Wayne Bridge vs Arsenal QF CL @ Highbury 

Your Lifetime Chelsea Eleven:

Cech