• Current Donation Goals

LeBoeufsGolfBall

5 Chelsea Questions

Sciatika   

Strangely, I had forgotten how "professional" Leeds were especially Giles and Bremner. Jack Charlton was a PITA too.

First Chelsea Hero:   Ray Wilkins, our mid - '70's side was crap, but he was different class.

Club signing that excited me most@  Jimmy Flloyd Hasselbaink.  Sadly, other players form dropped off in 2000.

Opposition Player you wish Chelsea signed:   Patrick Kluivert.  We could have got him on a free from Ajax, but he went to AC Milan instead.

Favourite Chelsea goal:  Drogba's v Everton in 2006/7 almost from the halfway line.

Lifetime Chelsea Eleven

Cech

Ivaniovic, Terry, Carvalho , A Cole

Lampard, Makelele, Essien

Nevin, Drogba, Anelka

Subs: Dixon, Clarke, R Wilkins, Bonetti, Robben, Cahill

9 minutes ago, blue moon said:

You sure, Droy? Link doesn’t work for me

Weird - completely sure it was there - I watched a couple of minutes and then put it off for the evening.  it is exactly 50 years today - and they put the Wembley game up also 50 years exactly afterwards.
It is not on the list of videos at all now - though they have said they will livestream the Bolton 2005 title winning game on Thursday at 8pm.  I'll put details of that on the game of the  day thread.

When I looked a bit more closely, it said it would be screened at 1930 tomorrow - exactly 50 years since the match. It’ll be screened as if live, then a recording be available. I’ll be ensconced In front of the box with beers and meat pie in hand at 1930 tomorrow, then.

chara   

This is silly..here I am almost shaking in anticipation of the GAME tomorrow!...BUT...I watched the game a short while ago and I WAS THERE!....is there a number I can call for help?

29 minutes ago, blue moon said:

When I looked a bit more closely, it said it would be screened at 1930 tomorrow - exactly 50 years since the match. It’ll be screened as if live, then a recording be available. I’ll be ensconced In front of the box with beers and meat pie in hand at 1930 tomorrow, then.

I missed that - seems to be gone now.
Actually a bit of googling tells me 50 years exactly is tomorrow - so I guess something will be available tomorrow.
I was 10 at the time, so I think even Bovril might be a bit strong for me.

Edit - if not - it is here on youtube in full in pretty good quality

Edited by Droy was my hero

Sciatika   

Like Droy, I watched it yesterday. Must have accidentally made it available when preparing for today.

asvaberg   

Great game - and it was THE game that actually made me a Chelsea fan. No other reason - they won the cup and had a fabolous keeper - pure and simple "prosperity supporter" (or whatever you call it in English)

Ham   
38 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Great game - and it was THE game that actually made me a Chelsea fan. No other reason - they won the cup and had a fabolous keeper - pure and simple "prosperity supporter" (or whatever you call it in English)

Glory hunter 😆

• Haha 1

asvaberg   
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Glory hunter 😆

Thanks. Yes, I was - I admit it. But been devoted since :)

• Like 1