• Current Donation Goals

LeBoeufsGolfBall

5 Chelsea Questions

If like me and you absolutely hate international football breaks, how about we reminisce with five Chelsea questions to instigate some discussion over the next 2 weeks.

I'll start us off.

First Chelsea Hero - Andy Townsend -Gutted when he left the club.

Club Signing That Excited You The Most - Ruud Gullit - Idolised him as a kid and couldn't believe it when we signed him.

Opposition Player You Wish Chelsea Signed - Carlos Tevez - Could be a problem, but would have been a great favourite at Chelsea

Favourite Chelsea Goal - Robbie Di Matteo Cup final Vs Boro - Probably due to the timing and the occasion more than anything else.

Your Lifetime Chelsea Eleven - Any formation and will be very subjective to everyone.

Cech

Gallas    Desailly    Terry   A Cole

Ballack    Kante    Lampard

Anelka      Costa    Hazard

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

Jasonb   

My first hero was Dixon, the abuse he got from opposition fans and would then jump up and score with his head from a corner.

Player most excited about was Paul Elliot, shame it didn't last longer.

Stuart Pearce was a player I would have liked to see at the Bridge.

Gavin's Peacock's strikes when we were mid table yet did the double over Utd in the League.

Cech

Gallas Elliot Terry A Cole

Lampard, Makele, Kovacic

Gudjohnsen Drogba Robben

12 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

If like me and you absolutely hate international football breaks, how about we reminisce with five Chelsea questions to instigate some discussion over the next 2 weeks.

I'll start us off.

Nice one.

First Chelsea Hero - Garry Locke - they shall not pass on the outside.  Soon followed by Droy.  I'd watched earlier teams, but maybe was too young, and certainly too far away (North end) before we got West Stand seats and could actually see the players.

Club Signing That Excited You The Most - Vinnie Jones.  Generally I'm a wait and see kind of guy, but I really got my hopes up for Vinnie.

Opposition Player You Wish Chelsea Signed - Ronaldo C.  Obvious reasons, and I don't like the HGH experiment.

Favourite Chelsea Goal - Lampard from corner flag against Barca.  I believe he meant it!  Di Matteo's was brilliant because one immediately knew we'd win and we'd only won Div2 and the full members cup in previous 25 years.  

Your Lifetime Chelsea Eleven - Any formation and will be very subjective to everyone.

Niedzwicki

Locke    Droy  Le Boeuf   Dorigo

Essien    McAndrew   Lampard

Nevin Speedie Duff

Chosen mostly on the basis that they truly deserve a mention

Leo91   

First Chelsea Hero: Zola. Nuff said.

Club Signing That Excited You The Most: Torres. I was on a PSN chat with a group of fellow football fans and a few Liverpool fans, the amount of banter was insane! The fact it was a last minute deal just added to the excitement that we had prized away their biggest asset. 

Opposition Player You Wish Chelsea Signed: No one actually springs to mind. We've had some great teams over the years with very little weaknesses. When Roman first took over and we were linked with everyone under the sun, I remember reading on teletext Jose wanted Adriano from Inter and I was gutted we didn't get him.

Favourite Chelsea Goal: Oscar vs Juventus, not the most important goal but it was one of those where watching it live, once it leaves his foot it seems to be going in slow motion. Just utter brilliant. 

Fav XI:

Cech

Ivanovic Terry Gallas Cole

Mata Lampard Kante Zola

Hasselbaink Drogba

Edited by Leo91

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

My first hero was Dixon, the abuse he got from opposition fans and would then jump up and score with his head from a corner.

Player most excited about was Paul Elliot, shame it didn't last longer.

Stuart Pearce was a player I would have liked to see at the Bridge.

Gavin's Peacock's strikes when we were mid table yet did the double over Utd in the League.

Cech

Gallas Elliot Terry A Cole

Lampard, Makele, Kovacic

Gudjohnsen Drogba Robben

Yeah real shame what happened to Elliott. I think he would have made a big impact of the club over a number of years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nice one.

First Chelsea Hero - Garry Locke - they shall not pass on the outside.  Soon followed by Droy.  I'd watched earlier teams, but maybe was too young, and certainly too far away (North end) before we got West Stand seats and could actually see the players.

Club Signing That Excited You The Most - Vinnie Jones.  Generally I'm a wait and see kind of guy, but I really got my hopes up for Vinnie.

Opposition Player You Wish Chelsea Signed - Ronaldo C.  Obvious reasons, and I don't like the HGH experiment.

Favourite Chelsea Goal - Lampard from corner flag against Barca.  I believe he meant it!  Di Matteo's was brilliant because one immediately knew we'd win and we'd only won Div2 and the full members cup in previous 25 years.  

Niedzwicki

Locke    Droy  Le Boeuf   Dorigo

Essien    McAndrew   Lampard

Nevin Speedie Duff

Chosen mostly on the basis that they truly deserve a mention

I had to google McAndrew as not familiar with him as a Chelsea player. His career closed pretty much when I first got into football and it wasn’t a name I had come across.

I was tempted with Dorigo, good pace and trickery for a full back in that era.

Dennis wise was my first favorite player loved him most excited Brian Laudrup great player for Denmark florentina and rangers sadly didn’t settle at the bridge . Ronaldo wish we signed .  Favorite goal Torres against Barcelona because I was absolutely shitting it before he scored  Gk.Cech  rb. Petrescu lb. Cole cb. Terry cb Gallas mff Lampard Essien kante lw hazard rw Robben  st Drogba 

First Chelsea Hero: Ruud. What style. Shame his abilities as a manager didn’t match it.

Club Signing That Excited You The Most: Eden Hazard. Watched him play in Belgium 2-3 weeks before he signed, and was emotional when he signed.

Opposition Player You Wish Chelsea Signed: oddly - and I cannot explain it - Pascal Chimbonda. At the time. Today, perhaps Ginola.

Favourite Chelsea Goal: Drogba vs Manure at Wembley in the cup. He worked so hard for that. 

Fav XI:

Cudicini

Ivanovic   Terry   Sir Percy   Cole

Cole   Lampard   Kante   Zola

Vialli    Drogba

1. Kerry Dixon

2. Chris Sutton believe it or not!

3. Dennis Bergkamp

4. Peter Osgood FA Cup vs Burnley 1970 ( for the genius of Hudson)

5. undecided as yet

1. First Chelsea Hero... That's a tough one... When you call someone a "hero" it would, IMO, need to refer to someone you absolutely admired and looked up to. That would have to be Didier Drogba for me. Only player that ever got to that level for me - "hero".

Obviously I liked others like SFL, Cech, Ivanovic, Ballack and Costa. But Didier was the only one who really got into a category of his own for me. 

2. Club signing that excited me the most: would have to agree with Torres. I remember looking forward to Bosingwa a lot as well. Robinho too. But Torres, I remember that one having me thrilled for weeks. I was very young and impressionable when Phil Scolari was hired as well. I remember thinking to myself that he was going to be spectacular. And for a while it looked that way as well!

3. Opposition player: Aguero. Couldn't believe we didn't go in for him or Yaya Toure. 

4. Favourite goal: Yeah, Drogba again. FA cup final or UCL final to equalize.

5. Chelsea 11:

-------------------Cech

Ivanovic--Carvalho--Terry---Cole

------------------Essien

-----------Ballack---Lampard

Anelka------Drogba------Malouda

Haven't been able to connect with any of our teams like that one either before or since. Jose's team that won the league came mightily close but ultimately ruined it in his third season.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way