• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 West Ham United 1

6 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Who said “little Tammy”?

Giroud.

17 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Disagree. James shows Cresswell onto his weaker foot. That is what you should be doing. Cresswell will swing in a good cross once he gets it on his left. The second Cresswell goes on the right foot I knew he was going to shoot. It was pretty obvious which side he was going to aim for too. Emerson showed Mahrez onto his stronger foot and allowed him to do what he wanted. Cresswell would rather cross with his left than shoot with his right. Mahrez will rather shoot with his left than cross with the right. James did the right thing. 

Nope. It’s never a smart decision to give the opponent an opportunity to strike on target from  less than 10 yards away regardless of the strength of his foot. These players are top level professionals who practice daily with their ‘weaker’ foot. From outside the 18? Yes, we’ll take our chances but from close range in your box, it’s a silly decision. 

Why didn’t they let Willian cut into their box with his weaker left foot but happy to show him down the line for the right footed cross? Ironically,  their left back - Creswell - trusted his teammates to mop up and they did. And that’s the difference today. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Giroud.

Ah, I’ve recently deleted all social media so don’t see things like this anymore. 

Was it said as a put down?

13 minutes ago, chelboy said:

When 1-on-1 I always think its best to show players onto the weaker foot. If he hits it with his weaker foot and scores then fair play to him. How many has Cresswell scored with his right?  If he goes down the left and swings in a quality cross people would say he shouldn’t have let him cross it in and it was too easy showing him onto his stronger foot. 

Well now, James has learnt the hard way that Creswell’s right is used for more than walking. Our defenders should not be allowing their man to cut the ball back into your own box. That is crazy defending. It doesn’t matter what foot the attacker is cutting onto. Pros are generally trained to shoot once the ‘lane’ opens up inside the box regardless of what foot it lands on. In this case we are talking about Creswell who won’t make any Ballon D’or lists but is otherwise a very good all round left back. 

That said, James somewhat panicked (showed his inexperience) on the play. He was initially outnumbered but only momentarily because he soon got help. All he had to do was compose himself on the play and force him down the line. In the event Creswell tried to switch feet to his right leg, James would’ve been better placed to nick the ball from him. But James panicked and over committed to Creswell’s left leg which opened up the dummy play and an easy angle to pick the corner. It was a mental mistake and we will learn from it. He’s a highly talented FB (James) so it’s nothing to be concerned about. But I felt that error played in his head the rest of the game (seemingly nervous on multiple simple throw in’s). 

chelboy   

We committed no fouls today. That says everything about the intensity in our play today. No fouls in a London derby? Ridiculous. At times we are too soft especially in the middle. Got bossed by Rice. Days like this I would have wanted RLC and Ampudu. Be interesting how we do in this winter period. Perhaps we need some steel in there during the colder periods. 

25 minutes ago, chelboy said:

We committed no fouls today. That says everything about the intensity in our play today. No fouls in a London derby? Ridiculous. At times we are too soft especially in the middle. Got bossed by Rice. Days like this I would have wanted RLC and Ampudu. Be interesting how we do in this winter period. Perhaps we need some steel in there during the colder periods. 

I have said it in both of our last two games that midfield is an issue. The ball goes from front to back way too quickly. Some people complained when I said we were overran by City but I have seen this in all our games this season that have involved the decentish teams. For me, our midfield is too lightweight and we need a player who can use there physical presence to get their foot on the ball and not allow attacks to go right through the midfield as if it is not there. RLC may help, but considering his work rate off the ball, I am not too sure. I personally would have more confidence in Amapdu doing that. Personally, I would not be surprised if we did buy SMS in Jan, even though there are areas that need strengthening more as I reckon he can be had in Jan as Lazio are unlikely to have any European football come February. 

Edited by King Kante

That was a tremendous performance.

Just really put a big smile on my face. Also thrilled to see some of the players who haven’t played that much come in and really give Lampard something to think about. Giroud was a constant nuisance and Pedro caused West Ham all sorts of problems all day long. Not to mention how well Kova and Jorge played at CM.

By the way, did you guys see the robust defending from Zouma in connection to their disallowed goal? Why head it when you can trick the attacker to handle it instead. Simply brilliant! 

Really one of those stand out performances I’ll live to remember for the rest of my life. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Ah, I’ve recently deleted all social media so don’t see things like this anymore. 

Was it said as a put down?

He was asked whilst on international duty , why if he was Frances no 9 , he couldn't get into the Chelsea side and responded "little Tammy is walking on water" and the "situation was not ideal" .

He did go on to say it was difficult to drop a striker who was regularly scoring and he'd continue to train hard but it came across to me that his nose had been put out a bit .

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

That was a tremendous performance.

Just really put a big smile on my face. Also thrilled to see some of the players who haven’t played that much come in and really give Lampard something to think about. Giroud was a constant nuisance and Pedro caused West Ham all sorts of problems all day long. Not to mention how well Kova and Jorge played at CM.

By the way, did you guys see the robust defending from Zouma in connection to their disallowed goal? Why head it when you can trick the attacker to handle it instead. Simply brilliant! 

Really one of those stand out performances I’ll live to remember for the rest of my life. 

Tbf, Zouma is not and never will be an elite defender. He is only in the team until Rudiger get fit imo. 

JaneB   
59 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He was asked whilst on international duty , why if he was Frances no 9 , he couldn't get into the Chelsea side and responded "little Tammy is walking on water" and the "situation was not ideal" .

He did go on to say it was difficult to drop a striker who was regularly scoring and he'd continue to train hard but it came across to me that his nose had been put out a bit .

I used to like Giroud, thought he was a useful signing but I've gone off him.

I'd rather lose every match with players who try their hardest and are proud to play for Chelsea than win one with those who don't give a toss. 

I still have a problem with Willian too. 

Dave has come in for a lot of criticism and quite rightly too, but I've never had the impression he didn't care. 

Frank has a helluva job to do but he's doing ok. There's so much to sort out. Cliche alert.......Rome etc etc.