• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 West Ham United 1

Haven't seen it mentioned much - Kepa has been getting some stick recently (including from me), but he made a couple of good saves yesterday. Can't blame him too much for the goal, hope he builds on this performance moving forward.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

And I don't think expectations at the club are huge this year either.

Shame some people on this forum don’t think like the club. 

I’m not too surprised by this result. It was a game that didn’t sit comfortably with me, following two physical and energy sapping matches in the last week.

Seen some reports that Lamps took West Ham lightly, which is complete rubbish imo. He simply had to use squad options following those games and with 3 league games in 7 days.

In some ways it’s a defeat that may help us long term. It emphasises the importance of Tammy whilst gives the players a bit of a kick and refocus for the next upcoming winnable games.

We started the week needing at least 7 from these 3 games for me. Now we can only get 6 maximum , but I am confident we can get back on track, despite the threat of new manager syndrome having an impact at Goodison on Saturday.

chelboy   
7 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Haven't seen it mentioned much - Kepa has been getting some stick recently (including from me), but he made a couple of good saves yesterday. Can't blame him too much for the goal, hope he builds on this performance moving forward.

Yeah his best game of the season so far. Kept the score down it should have been 2 or 3. That was more like last season Kepa. Harsh to blame him for that goal only way to save those is if you read it early.  

51 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Seen some reports that Lamps took West Ham lightly, which is complete rubbish imo. He simply had to use squad options following those games and with 3 league games in 7 days.

We started the week needing at least 7 from these 3 games for me. Now we can only get 6 maximum , but I am confident we can get back on track, despite the threat of new manager syndrome having an impact at Goodison on Saturday.

Yes, he did have to use the squad options but throwing in two players that are slow and not very mobile into the same first 11 takes away our attacking play. If Giroud starts then Willian Mount and Pulisic have to play. Then if Giroud starts again against Villa ,bring in CHO for either Pulisic or Willian. Once Tammy is back for Everton then you can bring in Pedro if needed. I would never have started two players that are completely opposite to what the system is about at the same time. We may aswell have thrown in Barkley and Alonso and written the game off. I wasn’t surprised to see Giroud but I was very surprised to see Pedro in the same team. 

Rob B   
17 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Yes, he did have to use the squad options but throwing in two players that are slow and not very mobile into the same first 11 takes away our attacking play. If Giroud starts then Willian Mount and Pulisic have to play. Then if Giroud starts again against Villa ,bring in CHO for either Pulisic or Willian. Once Tammy is back for Everton then you can bring in Pedro if needed. I would never have started two players that are completely opposite to what the system is about at the same time. We may aswell have thrown in Barkley and Alonso and written the game off. I wasn’t surprised to see Giroud but I was very surprised to see Pedro in the same team. 

Neither have had any football recently either which makes it even more baffling (on hindsight admittedly)

There’s no shame in Frank getting it wrong though, he’s got plenty more right so far and hopefully this defeat acts as a wake-up call for everybody going into a really busy period.

I saw his post match interview and it was clear he was far from happy with the last three games but followed medical advice to rest Kante and thought the introduction of Giroud and Pedro would "freshen things up" . 

Sadly , Giroud and Pedro didn't give a monkey's choosing to go through the motions instead of giving him a reminder of what they are capable of.

The lifting on the transfer ban cannot come quickly enough for me .

I'm still perfectly happy with Lampard and feel we are two or three top class players away from doing great things .

Only seen MOTD so for now I'll just point out the challenge of playing multiple midweek games.  We have 11 games I believe in 5 weeks up to FAC round 3.
Either the players get very tired, or you play a lot of 2nd rate players in rotation.  Frank's chosen the first route, which at least means we should have some good games to offset the bad ones.  But either way we have probably been getting better results that the team is really capable of, and football is always an up and down game, so a bad run should be of no great surprise.

On 11/30/2019 at 4:53 PM, Never happy said:

Fouls

chelsea 0

west ham 16

Not sure which is oddest, our 0, or how a team that commits 16 fouls more than the oppo can only get 3 yellows.  16 fouls is not that high in a rough dirty game, but 0-16 is ridiculous.  I shall watch the full 90 with curiosity.

paulw66   
11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Only seen MOTD so for now I'll just point out the challenge of playing multiple midweek games.  We have 11 games I believe in 5 weeks up to FAC round 3.
Either the players get very tired, or you play a lot of 2nd rate players in rotation.  Frank's chosen the first route, which at least means we should have some good games to offset the bad ones.  But either way we have probably been getting better results that the team is really capable of, and football is always an up and down game, so a bad run should be of no great surprise.

Not sure which is oddest, our 0, or how a team that commits 16 fouls more than the oppo can only get 3 yellows.  16 fouls is not that high in a rough dirty game, but 0-16 is ridiculous.  I shall watch the full 90 with curiosity.

0 yellows at City, and then zero fouls at home to WH, both in defeats.

Whatever way you slice it, that is ridiculous and shows we are far too nice and or naive. 

Ham   

You couldn't make it up.

There's a big item on Sky Sports News about LGBT inclusivity at...... wait for it...........

West Ham 😆

Sciatika   

Is that the West Ham singing songs about rent boys on Saturday whilst wearing their rainbow laces?