Chelsea 0 West Ham United 1

chelboy   

Kepa

James   Zouma Tomori   Emerson

Kova

Kante            Mount

Pulisic

Bats               Giroud.

Not yet played this formation since pre season. Thought we looked decent in it. I dont think Bats or Giroud will do well as a lone striker in this system so I would try both. Plus I think Bats and Giroud complement eachother well.  Can’t really drop Kova on recent form and Jorg has been the worst of the 3 in the last 2 games. Need rotation for what will be a tiring period coming up. 

Sciatika   

There seems to be an opinion that Christensen looked rusty in midweek. But if we don't play him, how will he ever not look rusty? And is the same principle true of Barklay, Giroud, Pedro and Willy.

Agree with what most have already said, need to use some rotation here, to give some a rest and clear some possible cobwebs in others. It's obviously a tricky thing and so I would expect Frank to try and give almost everyone a rest over the next two games without causing too much disruption. For this one I'd go:

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Emerson

Kante Kovacic

Willian Mount Pulisic

Batshuayi

Sub: Caballero, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, CHO, Pedro, Giroud

I'd then expect CHO to start in the week (as long as he's fit enough) ahead of Willian, to give him a rest and Jorginho in for Kova, Azpi back in for Emerson and possibly Christensen in for Zouma, to give him a rest. That means only Kante, James, Mount and Pulisic without a rest and they're the 4 who have played least games this season, at least recently anyway.

Any news on Tammy injury yet?

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well I have to admit that Bats has surprised me with his form this year - but that is more about my expectations than anything else.  Quite how Giroud has played so staggeringly little this season I don't know.
Since September he has scored 4 goals for France while playing I guess no more than 30 mins for us.

I think when it comes to starting one of the two, then Giroud is the better option. Bats has done fairly well and I would always consider him ahead of Giroud when you need to throw a striker on in final 20 mins to affect the game. In scenarios like on Wednesday when injury forces the situation at half time, then Giroud would have been the better option for me. He would have given us a platform to play off much better than Bats. Same for this game if we don't risk Tammy with 3 games in the week.

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

What is even more surprising, is that when he did play at the start of the season he was playing pretty decently. I know he apprantly had a shocker against Burnley (I was on a plane at the time so did not see it) but surely it could not have been that much worse than Bats' last two appreances. 

He was awful in that cameo against Burnley, but we were doing out best to turn and easy win into a hard fought victory by making the game too open in that game and it just didn't suit him.

Whilst Giroud record as a sub over the years is pretty impressive, I just feel at this stage of his career and with him being quite a big physique that he will have a greater impact starting matches than off the bench. I also don't expect him to be very sharp when starting, it can't be easy playing to peak form at his age after so little football this season. The game seems to get quicker every season , I don't think our current style of play will really suit him either, but he can probably make enough of a nuisance of himself to allow the attacking midfielders to play well off him against West Ham back line.

I get the impression that Giroud is on his way in January if we can buy again , so can't see that Lamps will use him .

chelboy   
2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

There seems to be an opinion that Christensen looked rusty in midweek. But if we don't play him, how will he ever not look rusty? And is the same principle true of Barklay, Giroud, Pedro and Willy.

This is the game I would have played Christensen in rather than Valencia. Difficult to drop Zouma as both Christensen and Tomori aren’t good in the aerial battle and physical side. 

Barkley would be lucky to start another game before Jan. Pedro still can’t get minutes even when CHO is injured. Giroud I think will get some minutes. 

Leo91   

Shoot on sight. Dont over play it around the box, Roberto is a terrible keeper.