• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 West Ham United 1

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Do I not like that. didn't see the game and not sure I bear to watch the highlights. Has to be worst result of the season in all respects.

Wouldn't bother, we were very poor...too slow in the build up and created zero in the second half

chelboy   
Just now, r.bartlett said:

Just the 'new manager' syndrome in action.. Sadly, this team is the same as before so as  nothing changes we are pretty poor overall.still hoping for a mid table finish.

Wouldn’t go that far. What today showed is how poor the squad players in the team are. If I was Lamps I would be bringing in people from the academy for Pedro and Giroud. Both look finished this season. Don’t have anymore legs  and can barely move. A lot of our game is about mobility and intensity. The minute he played those two together without Kante and a tired Jorginho it set the tone. West Ham won today simply on energy and intensity. They were first to everything. Tammy Willian Kante along with Mount and Kova bring us bundles of energy. 

Kante has to start every game he’s fit. Not having Tammy was a massive loss. Giroud was nonexistent and Mitchy is unreliable. Obviously we need another reliable striker. 

Given the inexperience all around, shaky times were expected. Lampard needs to find a way to steady the ship. With injuries, and transfer ban and reliance on inexperienced players, I don’t envy him. For starters, he can concentrate on tightening up the defense which is why Kante starting every game when he’s healthy is a must. 

Bison   

That really should be Pedro and Giroud's last game for this football club. Jorginho too if we're honest but that'll never happen.

Bison   

If Jorginho does nothing during games and is the first one off when we need to either close games out or chase an equaliser...what is the actual point of him?

JaneB   

Just indulge my lack of understanding sometimes but I thought Jorginho had improved a lot and was also being touted as captain? 🤔

Edited by JaneB

chara   
Just now, JaneB said:

Just indulge my lack of understanding sometimes but I thought Jouginho had improved a lot and was being touted as captain? 🤔

Well Jane ..here in Colorado we are in the middle of a dangerous High Wind alert....pretty much what happens on here with opinions..change with the wind in may cases.

Stick to your own gut feelings and stay behind OUR team.

1 minute ago, Bison said:

If Jorginho does nothing during games and is the first one off when we need to either close games out or chase an equaliser...what is the actual point of him?

In fairness to Jorginho, he’s played very well in games we’re the opponent sat back until today’s game. That said, the better midfield fit for Frank is a Kante/Kovacic pivot with Mount in front: provides better balance especially wrt defensive cover. Nevertheless, given this squad is paper thin, Jorginho is still one of the more reliable performers especially against lower opposition. 

This is a difficult moment we are in but it’s an opportunity to tighten up defensively - our Achilles heel so far this season. Still on the right track and with more hard work in practice and better concentration on the pitch, they will turn it around sooner than later. Today’s goal was reminiscent of the one Emerson conceded against Marhez: show your attacker the line and trust your teammates to deal with the cut back cross. It’s elementary stuff so clearly a mental error by James (& Emerson in the City game). 

chara   

Oh and I am GUTTED especially as our stream went off just after the var  incident due to high winds and I got it back minute into added time.

This is a learning reforming season so keep calm about results...look at the pluses and think about next season and strengthening the squad....