• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League match against Valencia at Mestalla, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:55, Wednesday 27th November, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Biggest game of the season so far. We need a minimum or a draw or otherwise it will be the Ropey League for us. For me, we need to go 4231 with the following team: 

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Dave 

Jorgi Kante 

Willian Mount Puli

Tammy

Jasonb   

I agree we need to set out strongly for this too, though wonder how Frank will see it especially after the kamikaze last agame against Ajax. 

51 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Biggest game of the season so far. We need a minimum or a draw or otherwise it will be the Ropey League for us. For me, we need to go 4231 with the following team: 

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Dave 

Jorgi Kante 

Willian Mount Puli

Tammy

Yep I would probably go with that. I might still go with Emerson in CL and use James in PL at weekend.

I’m pretty confident we win this game. I think it’s perfect game following the city defeat and I fancy a relatively comfortable 1-3 win. 

Jasonb   
5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

As long as Barkely isn't anywhere near the squad, I am fairly confident. 

Let's hope we receive an offer for his services this transfer window.

Only decision is do we go 433 with Kovacic partnering Jorgi and Kante with Pulisic or Mount at LW or do we go 4231 with Jorgi, Kante, Mount in the hole and Puli out wide. 

The rest picks itself. 

Ham   
2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Only decision is do we go 433 with Kovacic partnering Jorgi and Kante with Pulisic or Mount at LW or do we go 4231 with Jorgi, Kante, Mount in the hole and Puli out wide. 

The rest picks itself. 

I'd have Mason on the pitch so it would have to be the latter. 

He gives us an extra dimension defensively and going forward. 

Blue Rod   
9 hours ago, King Kante said:

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Dave 

Jorgi Kante 

Willian Mount Puli

Tammy

I would go with this line up. I think James is a more reliable option at FB than the 2  alternatives even if it means Azpi playing at LB 

My fear at the start of the season was that one of the youngsters would have this type of performance after which he would want the earth to swallow him. Nothing of the sort has happened. Instead it has been the senior players who have taken it in turn to misperfrom in crucial matches. Apart from Jorginho, they have not fired up the youngsters psychologically either, rather the reverse. 

You don't win something with players who perform well in 4 matches then throw in a stinker just when you need a result.  In Europe we used to experts at that delivering against the odds. We need to rediscover our spirit.