• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Valencia 2 Chelsea 2

10 minutes ago, chelboy said:

But we are 2-1 up and sitting deeper. We don’t need pace. We need control and possession. 

It was not so much we needed pace, but we couldn’t afford to have slow players centrally who could get bypassed when they were always gonna come at us being 1-2 down. I was calling for the same change, but didn’t expect it to happen.

The game was just as stretched in the 70mins Jorginho played let’s not forget.

21 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Yeah I said earlier that reading shots is a weakness in his game. Anticipation is quite poor from him yet he is so good at pens. Strange. 

If I was being kind I’d say he had a mixed game. One awful attempt to play the ball out. Weak wrists for their first goal. A great penalty save. Got caught out for their second but not sure he could’ve done much about it unless he could grow a few inches.

He’s relatively young and we’ve invested a lot in him. So I can’t see us giving up on him. There’s clearly room for improvement so Frank might get his way with his choice of goalkeeping coach. 

Edited by Original 21

33 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Are you surprised? I am ok with Bats in the final 20 minutes of games when we're in control and need a goal but in a game like this he is useless. I am at a loss as to why SFL dislikes Giroud so much. Today we were crying out for him. 

Easy to criticize Bats, but the minute we moved away from a possession game Bats was always going to struggle. This team's built to be on the front foot and IMO we've got to stick to that. Maybe Lamps is drawing on his experience with Ancelotti conceding midfield possession during games - I dont know.

Blue Rod   

The way we played today, I'm not even sure now what to expect against Lille at home. I repeat again,  the senior players are not stepping up to the plate in performance or leadership. We've now had several matches in a row in which the worst performances have come from the senior players. That is not right. 

Edited by Blue Rod

The 2nd goal we conceded was  a total fluke but thats the way it’s going for kepa this season don’t know if Lampard is looking for a new keeper but I hope he is .the last time I remember conceding a goal like that was mike newell scoring  for Blackburn against Hitchcock he got the blame so going to have to blame kepa too