• Current Donation Goals

Ham   

Kepa didn't use his feet to anticipate the flight of the ball.  Just stood there. 

Diddymen   

So it looks like Ajax will beat Lille.

If we beat Lille (not sure if that’s a certainty) and Ajax and Valencia draw we all end up with 11 points. Are we out? Our GD is pretty poor

Ham   
Just now, Diddymen said:

So it looks like Ajax will beat Lille.

If we beat Lille (not sure if that’s a certainty) and Ajax and Valencia draw we all end up with 11 points. Are we out? Our GD is pretty poor

No.  If we beat Lille and they draw, we're through. 

Diddymen   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

No.  If we beat Lille and they draw, we're through. 

Ah, yep. Valencia would have 9 points and us 11

Bison   
6 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

If we draw we need Ajax to beat Valencia ?

Yes, because Valencia have the tie breaker over us.

Dross Barkley eh...

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Kepa didn't use his feet to anticipate the flight of the ball.  Just stood there. 

How can he anticipate a miss hit cross? Was a fluke, nothing more,  nothing less.

37 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

How can he anticipate a miss hit cross? Was a fluke, nothing more,  nothing less.

This. People are looking for reasons to criticise Kepa, and it's as simple as that. He's not perfect, as we all know, but the constant bagging  is just disheartening. 

Having looked at that goal a few times I'm not sure Kepa could reach it even if he hadn't pulled out of attempting to save it, which made it look worse.

Still don't feel like we are getting much bang for our buck out of him though.

chelboy   

You could say that about the Ziyech goal too. There is something about his foot work when it comes to high shots going across him. Because he lacks inches he may have to use better foot work to get across better. I do think he could have back peddled and tipped it over but like I said you need good foot work to make that happen. 

Maybe my expectations are too high anyway. Look at Keylor Navas when he was at Madrid he used good footwork for higher shots. Its the only way a shorter GK can get across for those. Smaller GK should have top class foot work otherwise high shots will beat them easily. 

Edited by chelboy