• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Valencia 2 Chelsea 2

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I think the Cillesen save from Abraham has largely gone unnoticed due to the game being so crazy. The reflexes he showed to produce that save was brilliant, there was no time to think in that situation as it all just happened so quick and instinctive from Abraham and Cillesen. We talk about 'worldie' football strikes that lead to goals, well this was a 'worldie' save for me that if you are on the opposite end of , you have too consider yourself pretty unlucky.

I'm surprised more has not been made of this save in football. Deserves more recognition .

Yes, one of the best saves I have ever seen.  In fact probably 3 of the best bits of football one will ever see in less than 2 seconds.  A superb first time cross with power and pace.  Deflected by Kante and then Abraham showed fantastic positioning and reactions to flick it up into the top corner with great power derived from the pace on the cross.  Then a ridiculously brilliant save.  Moment of the season I'd say.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes, one of the best saves I have ever seen.  In fact probably 3 of the best bits of football one will ever see in less than 2 seconds.  A superb first time cross with power and pace.  Deflected by Kante and then Abraham showed fantastic positioning and reactions to flick it up into the top corner with great power derived from the pace on the cross.  Then a ridiculously brilliant save.  Moment of the season I'd say.

Yeah, that save was outragous. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I am not disagreeing with your general comments in respect of the whole season but I don't think he was to blame for anything on Wednesday, in fact I think we would have lost without him.

I don't entriely buy the save percentage thing as like Wednesday, we have conceded a lot of free shots from close range. We have also scored about 3 or 4 own goals, which distort the figure. 

We all agree he needs to improve.......I think a big part of the problem is that he and the central defence are both relatively inepxerienced (particularly without Rudiger) and not hugely vocal. I think I would go for the Napoli guy, even if he is 29. 

Maybe its got to the stage where people are being over critical of him but I felt weds night (penalty aside) he was at best average. Who knows what the result would have been with Cabba in goal. But I just watched highlights of Arsenal Eintracht match and I see some random keeper make a string of great saves and get his side a win. Keppa ( because of our suspect defence) is getting plenty of chances to make his mark and be the hero. I just want to see a game where he kills it.  I can still be swayed but he needs to improve and fast. 

Joke of a goal. Why is it always Chelsea that get this terrible luck in Europe. I swear we'd have five European Cups by now if things were fair.