• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:30, Wednesday 4h December, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Lets hope we can have Tammy back for this game. Give Kovacic, Willian, James a break with a view to coming back on Saturday

Kepa

Azpi   Zouma  Tomori Emerson

Kante    Jorginho

Pulisic   Mount    CHO

Abraham

48 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Lets hope we can have Tammy back for this game. Give Kovacic, Willian, James a break with a view to coming back on Saturday

Kepa

Azpi   Zouma  Tomori Emerson

Kante    Jorginho

Pulisic   Mount    CHO

Abraham

I think we need Willian back in for this one and if Tammy is fit, then give Pulisic a rest. I think what the West Ham game showed Frank, if he didn't know it already, is that the depth here really is poor and we really do need the transfer ban overturned for Jan. This game is must win (I know they all are), but we cannot lose a 3rd in a row in the league, then that starts becoming a 'thing'. Get back to winning ways in a nice solid performance and if we could get Rudiger on the bench that would be an incredible lift. 

If Tammy is fit I would go with:

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Azpi

Kante Kovacic

Willian Mount CHO

Tammy

Subs: Caballero, Emerson, Christensen/Rudiger, Gilmour, Jorginho, Pulisic, Bats

If Tammy isn't fit I would go with:

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Azpi

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Pulisic CHO

Subs: Caballero, Emerson, Christensen/Rudiger, Gilmour, CHO, Giroud, Bats

Before the season kicked off, who would have thought we'd be so reliant on Tammy?

Surely can't play as bad again, if Tammy isn't fit, might be better playing Giroud and Bats together.

we got away with it, with Arsenal,City and United only drawing.

Liverpool are long gone, but Leicester getting a var goal 5 mins in to time added on, and Tottenham looking refreshed under Jose, we can't afford any slip ups

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Before the season kicked off, who would have thought we'd be so reliant on Tammy?

I think we all knew we needed a new CF to have a good year, so a lot depended on Tammy.  And some of thought Tammy could certainly do it 2 years down the line.  What I never hoped for was that he would do it this season in the way he has so far.

3 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

anyone have any news on RLC?

No real news to be honest. He's started doing some ball work inside, but I don't think he'll be back training properly until the new year, so I wouldn't expect to see him back playing until Feb/March at best.

Diddymen   
6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

No real news to be honest. He's started doing some ball work inside, but I don't think he'll be back training properly until the new year, so I wouldn't expect to see him back playing until Feb/March at best.

cheers for the info.

Such a shame as he was picking up some form towards the end of last season.

• Like 1

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I hope it's earlier......if Barkely is out of the equation, we are down to 4 players for 3 positions. Takes its toll when you play twice a week every week 

36 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I hope it's earlier......if Barkely is out of the equation, we are down to 4 players for 3 positions. Takes its toll when you play twice a week every week 

Yeah, so do I and hopefully, it will be, but it's a long time out and so the first stage is recovering, then it's getting back to full fitness and then working with the team and coaches to get yourself match ready. Fingers crossed it's sooner.