• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Aston Villa 1

Leo91   

Well in boys. Serves me right for taking Tammy and Mount out of my FL team. A win after that loss is huge. 

On XG we had this game won by 1.98 to 0.86 - close to the results where as the WHU game we dominated by more:  2.73 to 1.12

I think we can conclude we are much better at attacking play than we are at accumulating points.  Our Italian ex-managers are no doubt turning in their metaphorical graves.  For my part I don't find it as much fun as some do.

There was some excellent play by the front 5 and James and Kepa (who made some key saves yet again).  Some wonderful play by Willian (especially the free kick which was an amazing save) and the cross for the Mount goal.  Kante was mercurial.  Some of his simple passing to the front was beautiful.  Tammy could have had a hatrick, but will have to settle for an assist and a goal.

Some Alonso like attacking in the box by Azpi (do you think someone tells him to do that?).
Mount nominally played 10 all game, though he was actually as often in front of Tammy as behind him.  Similar to WHU, but without being a goal down at all.  

JT was low key from what I have seen on Amazon - which is fine.

Adult of the match - CHO on 92 mins, takes the ball on a counter, takes it wide, switches back, goes down for the foul.  If only we had 3 or 4 players that wise, these games would finish a lot more comfortably.  Even CHO stuck in a cross on 93 mins which ended up with them getting a free kick in our half.  Clearly none of them have played with Ballack or Belletti or Ricky in their careers.

Villa barged into Chelsea at every second contact, and fell over the other ones.  Yes they did this pretty convincingly, but not so convincingly that the ref shouldn't have awarded a dozen extra free kicks to us.  In fact after a 0-16 foul count at the weekend, today was 18-10 even with a 64-36 possession split.  Almost twice the number of fouls in half the foul opportunities of Villa.  RPL refs stink.

11 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yep. Kova comfortably the best player on the pitch tonight. Bossed the midfield, constantly trying to control and dictate play and defensively very good too.

Willian, Pulisic, Abraham, Mount and Kante all comfortably played better than Kovacic today.  By a long long chalk.  Maybe I should just shut up about him and let others start judging him themselves.  

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Willian, Pulisic, Abraham, Mount and Kante all comfortably played better than Kovacic today.  By a long long chalk.  Maybe I should just shut up about him and let others start judging him themselves.  

Today was Kova's third start since you claimed he would start no more than "2-3 games" for the rest of the season. What a spectacularly wrong prediction

Tammy MOTM for me, with Kova and Kante a close second

Edited by Tammy's right foot

Just now, Tammy's right foot said:

Today was Kova's third start since you claimed he would start no more than "2-3 games" for the rest of the season. What a spectacularly wrong prediction

NO.  I said I would be surprised if he starts on merit ahead of the core midfielders more than 2 or 3 times.  Possibly Mount was rested against Valencia, or possibly SFL wanted a more defensive team so lets give Kovacic that one.  But Kante was clearly rested on Saturday and Jorginho rested today.

16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Meanwhile, back in the real world from where I was sat. He was MOTM .

Fear not , I think people are judging for themselves!

• Thanks 1

kev61   

Very good display going forward,we were all over them like a rash at times,plenty of goals will come with this system with another quality striker to add to Tammy.I said before Jorginho will be a casualty of Lampard's style of play,tonight proved it to me, we are a much better midfield without him.

Defensively we look all at sea at times,the players aren't bad but I am never confident when teams are in our final third,too much space,. lack of anticipation and naivety will cost us.

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Very good display going forward,we were all over them like a rash at times,plenty of goals will come with this system with another quality striker to add to Tammy.I said before Jorginho will be a casualty of Lampard's style of play,tonight proved it to me, we are a much better midfield without him.

Defensively we look all at sea at times,the players aren't bad but I am never confident when teams are in our final third,too much space,. lack of anticipation and naivety will cost us.

You are relentless I'll give you that 

Jorginho left out for the first time all season and suddenly he is a casualty of Frank's system 

Nothing to do with the two games a week we've been having 

kev61   
24 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Meanwhile, back in the real world from where I was sat. He was motm.

Meanwhile Droy was watching the spurs game with his 'kiss me quick mourhino' hat on with a glass of double babysham in his hand.

chelboy   
44 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Some Alonso like attacking in the box by Azpi (do you think someone tells him to do that?).

He rarely got into the box and when he did he was overlapping. It is different to what Alonso does when attacking the box in central positions. That makes the winger stay out wide rather than be inside the box. Azpi stays wide and keeps the width. 

Other than possibly Tammy the rest definitely were not better than Kova. He absolutely bossed the midfield. 

kev61   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You are relentless 

Nothing to do with the two games a week we've been having 

No,I think Frank is seeing he is the weakest link in midfield and is like a tractor travelling down the fast lane on the M1.