• Current Donation Goals

Jasonb   

I wonder who will get the job of marking Grealish, he scored an even better goal than Cresswell.

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

I wonder who will get the job of marking Grealish, he scored an even better goal than Cresswell.

Stick Kante on him

chelboy   

I am more worried about Villa’s crosses. They cross a lot and we are not good in that department. Also Pulisic likely to be on the bench so I worry about our creativity. If we don’t have Tammy or Pulisic then I can’t see us winning this one. 

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think we all knew we needed a new CF to have a good year, so a lot depended on Tammy.  And some of thought Tammy could certainly do it 2 years down the line.  What I never hoped for was that he would do it this season in the way he has so far.

This. CF was my major concern going into the season and the reason why I was pretty negative about our chances. Luckily Tammy has taken to his role like a duck to water. However, Jan is going to be very important for us as I cannot see us getting away with the CF's we have for an entire season unless Tammy stays 100% and does not go through a fallow period. 

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

No real news to be honest. He's started doing some ball work inside, but I don't think he'll be back training properly until the new year, so I wouldn't expect to see him back playing until Feb/March at best.

Yeah, that is when I expect him back. I said when he did the injury that he would be out for the best part of the year as he is notoriously fragile.

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I hope it's earlier......if Barkely is out of the equation, we are down to 4 players for 3 positions. Takes its toll when you play twice a week every week 

This is also why I would not be surprised in the least if we buy someone like SMS in Jan if we can sign players. Kova and Jorgi when paired together do not provide the greatest balance, Kante is starting to show signs of wear and tear and Barkley is, well Barkley. Mount has done well but he is also starting to show signs of fatigue, whilst even if RLC beats my predicts and gets back early, he still doesn't do any work off the ball which is an issue. 

34 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I am more worried about Villa’s crosses. They cross a lot and we are not good in that department. Also Pulisic likely to be on the bench so I worry about our creativity. If we don’t have Tammy or Pulisic then I can’t see us winning this one. 

Yeah, Villa will target our backline and GK without doubt. I still think we will win this one but it could be something like 3-2/3-3. Biggest players for us will be Kante and Tammy. Hopefully both will start. I want to see the following line up: 

Kepa

James Rudiger/Zouma AC Dave

Kante Jorgi Mount

Willian Tammy Puli/CHO

I have put Rudi in as he seems to be almost back, while I am also unsure of Puli's fitness so have also got CHO in there. I also think AC may get a start owing to his better heading ability. That said, with the way we keep letting the ball go from front to back so quickly I am starting to think we may also have to explore AC in the holding role like Denmark do with him but that would mean a midfield of; Kante AC Kova. 

Edited by King Kante

Blue Rod   
10 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Before the season kicked off, who would have thought we'd be so reliant on Tammy?

And there lies the problem; mark out Tammy and you are half way to neutralizing Chelsea. Some have also worked out how to pinch a pass meant for Tammy to start a counter attack from there. 

Our football has become a little bit too predictable and a little  bit too slow. I have been watching Leicester City and I see how they overpower teams with sheer speed and intensity without showing any particularly exceptional skills. 

5 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

And there lies the problem; mark out Tammy and you are half way to neutralizing Chelsea. Some have also worked out how to pinch a pass meant for Tammy to start a counter attack from there. 

Our football has become a little bit too predictable and a little  bit too slow. I have been watching Leicester City and I see how they overpower teams with sheer speed and intensity without showing any particularly exceptional skills. 

It also helps that they're playing less games (No CL football), don't have any injury crisis and don't have to overly rely on academy players unlike Frank who's squad is thin and mostly inexperienced meaning greater risk of inconsistent performances and lesser opportunities to rotate players during this congested fixture period.

He tried to freshen up the lineup with Giroud and Pedro which didn't work as hoped but he can only work with the players at his disposal. 

8 hours ago, MikelBlue said:

It also helps that they're playing less games (No CL football), don't have any injury crisis and don't have to overly rely on academy players unlike Frank who's squad is thin and mostly inexperienced meaning greater risk of inconsistent performances and lesser opportunities to rotate players during this congested fixture period.

He tried to freshen up the lineup with Giroud and Pedro which didn't work as hoped but he can only work with the players at his disposal. 

I think Giroud and Pedro show how the squad is actually pretty deep in numbers, just lacking in quality, which is why players who last year were performing well in the Championship are amongst our best players this season.

Jasonb   

A big test for Frank today, we need a result to avoid being seen as in crisis, the media would love that.

A lot of players having fitness issues does not help either.

I am not keen on playing three defensive midfielders against Villa when we are at home.

Lose this and JM's Spurs will be breathing down our necks.

32 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

A big test for Frank today, we need a result to avoid being seen as in crisis, the media would love that.

A lot of players having fitness issues does not help either.

I am not keen on playing three defensive midfielders against Villa when we are at home.

Lose this and JM's Spurs will be breathing down our necks.

The game is tomorrow just for reference!

Leo91   

Need to get back on track with a win here. Villa are decent and I expect them to do similarly to West Ham and frustrate.