• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Aston Villa 1

Jasonb   
14 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

In fairness to Conte , we didn't actually buy that many from Serie A under his tenure and they have also generally been a success.

Rudiger has been a success, Alonso has to go down as a success, Emerson for what he cost has been a good buy ( I think that was under Conte) .

Its funny when you mention success as Rudiger has only played two seasons and has had a long lay-off though Alonso played 3 and I agree by that margin he has been a success.

31 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Its funny when you mention success as Rudiger has only played two seasons and has had a long lay-off though Alonso played 3 and I agree by that margin he has been a success.

Yeah for sure. We might have our moans and groans with Alonso in general, but he cost around £25 million I think and in that time he has been a huge contributor to winning a league title and a europa league. He has chipped in with invaluable goals and in good numbers over the last 3 seasons. He has to go down as a resounding success overall.

Ham   
37 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yeah for sure. We might have our moans and groans with Alonso in general, but he cost around £25 million I think and in that time he has been a huge contributor to winning a league title and a europa league. He has chipped in with invaluable goals and in good numbers over the last 3 seasons. He has to go down as a resounding success overall.

It's funny because fans of other premier League teams rave about him. Probably more to do with the Hollywood moments rather than his recent defending in a back 4. As a wing back I still rate him highly. 

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

In fairness to Conte , we didn't actually buy that many from Serie A under his tenure and they have also generally been a success.

Rudiger has been a success, Alonso has to go down as a success, Emerson for what he cost has been a good buy ( I think that was under Conte) .

The only disappointment was Zappacosta who was nothing more than a squad player really. I suspect he was relatively low down the pecking order on the list of targets, but was the most easily accessible and was signed off late in the day to keep Conte relatively happy.....though that seems very difficult to do unless he gets his own way with everything!

Morata.  And Bakayoko - anyone with a map knows Monaco is a local club for Turin.  

The curious thing about the "pecking list" is that when people claim Conte didn't get the targets he wanted, all the targets are from Serie A too.  

1 hour ago, Ham said:

It's funny because fans of other premier League teams rave about him. Probably more to do with the Hollywood moments rather than his recent defending in a back 4. As a wing back I still rate him highly. 

Alonso is fine - he just gets instructions to get too far forward and sticks to them.  Inability to teleport is not a fair criticism.

asvaberg   

I expect JT to collect a massive support on his visit tonight. 

I also expect SFL and the players to collect 3 points :)

chelboy   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Alonso is fine - he just gets instructions to get too far forward and sticks to them.  Inability to teleport is not a fair criticism.

I don’t think Sarri or Lamps tell him to get into the penalty spot area and be waiting for goals. Especially in a back 4. Alonso gets as far forward as he chooses. Our other fullbacks rarely enter the box in central positions. He still plays in a back 4 like how he played in a back 5. That’s the problem. I think its more of a lack of discipline. I can’t imagine any manager telling their full back to be near strikers when crosses are coming in. A back 5 suits him best. 

15 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I don’t think Sarri or Lamps tell him to get into the penalty spot area and be waiting for goals. Especially in a back 4. Alonso gets as far forward as he chooses. Our other fullbacks rarely enter the box in central positions. 

Oh I think they do.  Ivanovic always did.  Azpi does from time to time on the rare occasions that Alonso doesn't get there first.  It is pretty standard tactics for most clubs.

17 minutes ago, chelboy said:

He still plays in a back 4 like how he played in a back 5. That’s the problem. I think its more of a lack of discipline. I can’t imagine any manager telling their full back to be near strikers when crosses are coming in. A back 5 suits him best. 

Most PL FBs in a 4 play like that.  Especially in a top 6 team.  It is false to think that we had attacking WBs under Conte.  We had standard back 4 FBs playing in a 5.  As many will tell you it was negative football.

JaneB   
2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

I expect JT to collect a massive support on his visit tonight. 

I also expect SFL and the players to collect 3 points :)

1.  How could it be any other way?

2.  I wish I could share your optimism, I'm just worried about this one.  To lose two matches at home on the trot would be a b.....

Still, a little more optimism on my part wouldn't go amiss.  Come on Chelsea, back to winning ways please!!!

#insflwetrust

PS.  Hope Jack Grealish doesn't score.  Not one of my favourites.

Edited by JaneB

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

1.  How could it be any other way?

2.  I wish I could share your optimism, I'm just worried about this one.  To lose two matches at home on the trot would be a b.....

Still, a little more optimism on my part wouldn't go amiss.  Come on Chelsea, back to winning ways please!!!

#insflwetrust

PS.  Hope Jack Grealish doesn't score.  Not one of my favourites.

If we don't win this, time to worry 

With United playing Spuds, we can put some more daylight between us and at least one of them.